Peterhead FC 2016/17

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely it should not be left to Jim McInally whether he walks away or not at the end of the season. The long suffering supporters have surely endured enough false hopes and promises and it is obvious that change is needed. The board must put sentiment aside and base their decision on results and performances and look to the future.

That's a huge U-Turn. Last week he was in The Sun saying that the board would want him to stay but he would quit because his pride wouldn't let him continue.

My 2p's worth, i like Jim and I hope he gets the chance to turn things around. I'm really not sure how things have went so wrong with Peterhead this season but they're a good club and will do well in League 2 next season.

Well he won't walk away, but a lot of fans have already and more will if we are relegated and he stays. I can't see how he would be allowed to stay after having a free reign in recruitment and with almost no pressure from the board all season he has still completely failed so far.

If he stays then he is going to have to have a clear out followed by a miraculous turn around to convince anyone.

Jim McInally's stance must be so frustrating for Peterhead supporters. If they do go down, particularly at the expense of a very poor Stenhousemuir side, there's no way he can realistically think about staying on for next season. I would imagine that Peterhead have one of the better budgets in the lower leagues and they don't have much to show for it in seven years. A League 2 title and a Challenge Cup final appearance probably isn't good enough given the outlay. It just seems like McInally's been there too long and everything's turned stale over the last 12 months.

• 3 weeks later...
Unlucky lads.
What a truly embarrassing way to end an appalling season.

Spot on. Woeful performance and it pretty much summed up up the last 15 months. Big changes needed.

28 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Are you expecting any kind of announcement on McInally today or is there no indication of when your board will make a decision?

Spoke to one of the directors after the game and he insisted that McInally wanted to stay and the board were 100% behind him.

Whether that changes once the consequences of relegation sink in remains to be seen.

1 minute ago, blueone said:

Spoke to one of the directors after the game and he insisted that McInally wanted to stay and the board were 100% behind him.

Whether that changes once the consequences of relegation sink in remains to be seen.

Well I've certainly never seen McInally u-turn on saying he'd resign after failing in a playoff second leg at Balmoor before :whistle

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

Well I've certainly never seen McInally u-turn on saying he'd resign after failing in a playoff second leg at Balmoor before :whistle

Hopefully he does U-turn this time as he has already stated that he won't be quitting if we were relegated as he doesn't want this to be his "legacy".

8 minutes ago, strichener said:

Hopefully he does U-turn this time as he has already stated that he won't be quitting if we were relegated as he doesn't want this to be his "legacy".

That was itself a u-turn on saying he'd resign if you went down a couple of weeks before!

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/918224/former-dundee-favourite-jim-mcinally-reckons-sacked-boss-paul-hartley-deserved-more-respect-from-the-dark-blues/

We could get relegated this season and if that happened I’d probably resign. My personal pride would dictate that’s what I’d feel was the right thing to do.

Personal pride is something Jim clearly holds dear.

4 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

That was itself a u-turn on saying he'd resign if you went down a couple of weeks before!

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/918224/former-dundee-favourite-jim-mcinally-reckons-sacked-boss-paul-hartley-deserved-more-respect-from-the-dark-blues/

Personal pride is something Jim clearly holds dear.

#conflicted

McInally is actually a likeable character on the face of it and it's easy to see why the board back him so much.

However, personally and I would think the majority of supporters realise that his time in charge should be long gone. His signings, tactics and inability to motivate the players have all been harshly exposed. Also heard that he has had a few arguments with certain players who have then disappeared from the team which shouldn't happen as that's putting personal issues before the good of the club.

Would hope the board see sense and get rid but I won't hold my breath.

57 minutes ago, Neilly said:

He is a decent guy but how can he still be employed?

Pound for pound he was the worst manager of the season in Scotland.

We know that money doesn't necessarily buy success, there are plenty of examples to prove this.  Whilst I am firmly in the "he must go" camp, no-one knows what is going on internally at the club or who wields what influence.

Oh well, it looks like another season in exile from Balmoor for me and I wouldn't be surprised if there will be a few more to join me going by some of the comments that I have heard. Jim Mcinally has run his course and surely the board must put sentiment aside and bring in flesh blood next season - we desperately need new leadership both on and off the park plus a new goalkeeper, centre-half, full backs, another goal scoring attacker who can fill in for McAllister's inevitable suspensions - in fact a whole new team!!

Archived