Peterhead FC 2016/17

Every other club seems to have a thread on the go, so thought we needed one.

Not much news coming out of Balmoor, but this seems to be where we are at:

ALREADY UNDER CONTRACT: Graeme Smith, Kevin Dzierzawksi, Rory McAllister.

NEW DEALS: So far, only Simon Ferry confirmed, but all of the squad apparently offered terms. Andy Rodgers has contract on table for when he recovers from surgery, but whether he wants to spend another season picking splinters out of his backside remains to be seen. Shane Sutherland and Leighton McIntosh have yet to commit. Sutherland has made no secret of the fact that he wants to go full-time, so good luck to him. I would probably be more upset if McIntosh decided to leave.

LEAVING: Ally Gilchrist (back to St Johntone), Scott Ferries (off to USA)

NEW SIGNINGS: Scott Rumsby (Stranraer)? Agreed to sign a couple of weeks ago, but no confirmation as yet. As we have been caught out in the past I can understand the club not making any formal statement until the deal is done when the transfer window opens. Rumsby is probably getting phone calls from managers as we speak "come and play for us instead, son. You won't have to spend seven hours in a minibus on a Saturday." 

RUMOURS & SPECULATION

Ryan Conroy (QOS) One of Jim McInally's youth players at Celtic and reported as keen to join us. Not sure that we need another midfielder, but he does offer some different to what we currently have, left-sided, and decent at set pieces.

Mitch Megginson (Alloa). Returning to Aberdeen to live, and would be a decent replacement for Sutherland. Might decide to drop down to the HL though. Formartine could probably offer more money and Cove need a replacement for Daryl Nicol. Megginson's dad dad played for Cove and John Sheran might be able to sort him out with a job.

Craig Reid (Dunfermline) No other reason than he played under McInally at Celtic. No disrespect to Stevenson or Blockley but a proper RB would be great. Would expect Reid to find a full-time deal though. 

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No signing news other than the possible Rumsby deal. Pre season games out though, no home games but an away day to the Puddle Stinkers!

Pre-season fixtures:

Montrose (a) Tues 5th July

Fraserburgh (a) Sat 9th July

Formartine (a) Sun 10th July

On our website it states - In the main, the squad will be similar to that of last term. :thumbsdown

I'll wait and see what happens in the next few weeks before renewing my seasons ticket as I was extremely disappointed with last season's display. Okay we did well to the Petrofac Cup Final where we didn't turn up and also went on a purple patch of 19 games unbeaten to make the play-offs where we went out with an embarrassing whimper.

We badly need a no nonsense centre half who will organise our defence which also requires a left back as Noble is often exposed  and past his sell by date. We ARE a one trick pony in attack and if McAllister is in one of his petulant moods or sitting in the stand due to suspension, we are pretty much toothless up front. An alternative to the long punt up to Rory and hope something happens is badly needed and we definitely don't need anymore midfielders.

Critical maybe, but I would rather we had finished 7th than having to watch us go into an embarrassing freefall after promising so much.

I'll wait and see what happens in the next few weeks before renewing my seasons ticket as I was extremely disappointed with last season's display. Okay we did well to the Petrofac Cup Final where we didn't turn up and also went on a purple patch of 19 games unbeaten to make the play-offs where we went out with an embarrassing whimper.

We badly need a no nonsense centre half who will organise our defence which also requires a left back as Noble is often exposed  and past his sell by date. We ARE a one trick pony in attack and if McAllister is in one of his petulant moods or sitting in the stand due to suspension, we are pretty much toothless up front. An alternative to the long punt up to Rory and hope something happens is badly needed and we definitely don't need anymore midfielders.

Critical maybe, but I would rather we had finished 7th than having to watch us go into an embarrassing freefall after promising so much.

I will renew my season ticket as I am like that (stupid?), but I wouldn't be surprised if if we struggle to make the play offs if there isn't an improvement the positions you mention. Our problem was always that even with the good results it wasn't always a good performance so I am not sure how good our team are and how much it was just our 3 strikers outscoring teams. Hopefull for the new season though and sometimes a settled squad can be a bonus so here is hoping.

eta: any word on season tickets? First games in a few weeks so would have thought we would have had something out by now. Also are we getting a new strip this year?

• 2 weeks later...

Season Tickets are now on sale and appear to be the same cost as last years.

Unless there are any significant signings in the next few weeks, I won't be purchasing one this season to watch the same old, same old who were a huge disappointment in the league after promising so much.

Unless there are any significant signings in the next few weeks, I won't be purchasing one this season to watch the same old, same old who were a huge disappointment in the league after promising so much.

Neymar is in Peterhead as we speak. :lol:

Made the play offs and first domestic final.

What more do you expect up there you mentalist,

He has a point. We have had problems for the last two seasons that have not been sorted. Not expecting us to be signing world beating players but if the board are going to keep setting the play offs as the minimum target then these will need to be addressed. I have said it before but what is the point of going for promotion when some weeks we can barely put 5 subs on the bench?

Anyway I will be renewing my season ticket, hopefully we do get a couple of fresh faces in to cover our problem positions and if we do then I don't see why can't make the play offs again.

Archived