North Caledonian League

Whitburn Vale

Two sides have been voted in as new members of the NCL,former NCL club Tain St Duthus are back and brand new club Inverness Athletic join too.Best of luck to both sides,certainly a boost getting the NCL's numbers up. Shetland,Lewis&Harris and Lossie Reserves will be participating in some of the NCL's cup competitions.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given they've been scrabbling about with 6 teams recently it at least puts them in a healthier position with more stability going forward. Equally playing 14 games is hardly a 'proper' league. EDIT: Indeed an announcement on Tain's twitter seems to imply 2 of the 5 cups have been scrapped, presumably due to number league games increasing from 10 to 14?

Shetland and Lewis & Harris have played in various NCFL cups in recent years, also Clachnacuddin Reserves.

And Fort Reserves a few years back.

Within the past decade or so the league has lost:

Tain Thistle

Fort Reserves

Clach Reserves

Bunillidh Thistle

Balintore

Dornoch

Sutherland Utd

any others?

These as well...

Muir of Ord Rovers

Dingwall Thistle

Bonar Bridge

... and that's just within the last decade or so. Quite what happens to them all I'm not sure.

What is the ground criteria like for the North Caledonian League? Inverness City have struggled for years to get a ground and are due to be evicted from their current home soon. I cant think of many suitable pitches that Inverness Athletic could use.

What is the ground criteria like for the North Caledonian League? Inverness City have struggled for years to get a ground and are due to be evicted from their current home soon. I cant think of many suitable pitches that Inverness Athletic could use.

Slack, a few on playing fields.

There's quite a mix, there's Golspie and Halkirk that both have Entry Level Grounds as well as Orkney that aren't too far-off and on the other end of the scale there's Alness and Invergordon that play on a park with a railing at one side.

Two sides have been voted in as new members of the NCL,former NCL club Tain St Duthus are back and brand new club Inverness Athletic join too.Best of luck to both sides,certainly a boost getting the NCL's numbers up. Shetland,Lewis&Harris and Lossie Reserves will be participating in some of the NCL's cup competitions.

Do Lossie Reserves play in any league? Didn't know that they had a reserve team

I'm sure the Lossie reserves are their under 20's,maybe giving them games in the NCL cups against older players will bring them along,I know Clach did something similar.

Thanks for clearing that up

Archived