The Annan Athletic 2016/17 thread

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sounds like when Jim Duffy was in charge and we spent a summer signing players like Paul Hay and John Neil. Not bad players but definitely not going to get you anywhere near 8th spot.

Max Wright was great 2/3 years ago but picked up injuries that disrupted his game. Div McKenna can be a hit or miss over the season but will always give 100%.

As long as 100% is given I'll be happy with the player but I think we should be going for higher quality. Although I may reserve judgment until the season starts as I've been wrong before.

There u go Annan 2 new signings u have now both from east Stirling

The club are delighted to announce the signing of two further players,

Max Wright, 23 year old midfielder, an ex-youth at Rangers who went onto play for Alloa Athletic and Stranraer before making 100 appearances for East Stirlingshire finding the net on 14 occasions

Max Wright, 23 year old midfielder, an ex-youth at Rangers who went onto play for Alloa Athletic and Stranraer before making 100 appearances for East Stirlingshire finding the net on 14 occasions

Max Wright

29 year old striker David McKenna also joins the club from East Stirlingshire where he netted 24 goals in 73 matches.

Given good service I reckon McKenna could score 10-15 comfortably. Good with his feet also and can create for others but struggles to create for himself. Good signing I'd say. Max Wright, not so much.

Anyone heard anything about players coming in?we are less than 2 weeks away from our 1st friendly and we dont have enough players for a 5 v 5 at the min never mind a competitive match.to make matters worse a couple of those signed on never got anywhere near the 1st team last year.

Archived