The Annan Athletic 2016/17 thread

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is Osadolar definitely eligible to play for Annan?I thought given he'd already played for Stranraer, East Kilbride and Rossvale Juniors he'd be ineligible to play for a fourth club.

I think as two were non league it must be OK because he's played 2 games for us now.

Has Jordan Stewart (St Mirren left back) signed for you on loan? Few people mentioned it on Twitter but no official word.. 

Nothing official yet. We have Nathan Flanagan on loan from St Mirren who is very good so I'd happily take another.

Yeah I agree. The non league thing is the only thing I think it could be. I'm just happy he's back.

EK aren't non league anymore though since the introduction of the pyramid. He must not have played a game for either Stranraer or EK.

How was Ryan Finnie for you guys? Clyde have signed him until the end of the season.

EK aren't non league anymore though since the introduction of the pyramid. He must not have played a game for either Stranraer or EK.

How was Ryan Finnie for you guys? Clyde have signed him until the end of the season.

HE'S a little inconsistent but good quality when he fancys it.

HE'S a little inconsistent but good quality when he fancys it.

Ok, cue the howls of protest but Annan + Stranraer equals two senior clubs. The SPFL still class EK as junior therefore, Osadolar as he has gone back and forth has effectively only signed for two seniors ( as I said above) so he is ok to play.

That's my belief also.

I had a quick look into it, yes I was bored.

The rule is you can only play for two clubs from an association which have to abide by the transfer window. I'm pretty sure that teams from the Lowland league can sign players throughout the season so Osadolar playing for EK or Rossvale won't affect the registration rule.

On Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 13:21, Jack Burton said:

I had a quick look into it, yes I was bored.

The rule is you can only play for two clubs from an association which have to abide by the transfer window. I'm pretty sure that teams from the Lowland league can sign players throughout the season so Osadolar playing for EK or Rossvale won't affect the registration rule.

This.

Transfer windows dont apply below League Two and the two club limit only applies to League Two and above.

• 2 weeks later...

On the pitch - definite signs of progression.

Off it - dear o dear o me.

Shambles last Saturday with the away support gates no open.

Quiz tonite - no quizmaster ! cancelled

Toilets - upgrade end of last season (May 2016)  NO. 

Toilets - end of January 2017 - NO

Will any change of constitution these facts - NO

On the pitch - definite signs of progression.
Off it - dear o dear o me.
Shambles last Saturday with the away support gates no open.
Quiz tonite - no quizmaster ! cancelled
Toilets - upgrade end of last season (May 2016)  NO. 
Toilets - end of January 2017 - NO
Will any change of constitution these facts - NO

That made me chuckle.
Reminds me of the time the Club Secretary forgot to renew the bar license, just before the festive period (busiest time off year). I mean, Jesus Christ!!! Scuttling about for day/week licenses like a man possessed.
The Club (off the pitch) is a bit like Mark Knopfler............Dire Straits!

On 12/02/2017 at 08:06, Nostradamus said:

Hard fought 3pts yesterday, sort of backs to the wall win. Edinburgh seemed to cope with the weather conditions better, and we couldn't of complained to much if they got an equaliser, as they battered us in the 2nd half.
We'll take the win though.

That seems ridiculously fair :lol: Have a Charles..

Archived