The Annan Athletic 2016/17 thread

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the man has any decency about him he should resign,rather sit in there to the end of the season before the inevitable happens.

Thanks for efforts Jim but time to move on - reckon u could sell cars.

We'Re not a hiring firing club but it's no working - a results based industry.I reckon with all the money spinning cup ties we've had he had a far superior budget than Harry Cairney had (let's not forget about where the people's millions disappeared to as well - Committee ,please tell the members, NO - the public it's their money.All gone in a year

Border tv have never came for a review have they.Bordering on corruption.

Committee need to stand up and be counted - forget the terrible trio within - the club is far bigger than them.

Fans opinion - put my head on the chopping block to say this but its the truth - No transparency ; mismanagement ; got out of jail wi the cup game against Rangers.That should clear the debt & at last set aside the cash they should have been doing every year to replace the pitch.

Most expensive pitches to hire in Dumfries shire I hear.Well why do Annan Town FC go to Lockerbie when Everholm is no playable ? 

I could be wrong - someone tell me

After sharing the gate with the  mighty Rangers - why oh why in this modern age do Buster & Clem Review still have to humf all those speakers back & forward every home game.Pathetic - pay a wee local electrician to fix you summat up. I hope all fans realise Buster & Clem do this every home game regardless of the weather.

Heard Pete was sick/tired of the travelling lads, getting preferential treatment over their trading regimes. Basically sick off the, 1 rule for them, 1 rule for you lot, attitude that Chapman was/is giving out. Heard Pete is still wanting to play, and looking for a club.

If it's true about Peter Watson wanting away he will be a big miss.
Noticed he was not in the squad for yesterday's game. Certainly missed him losing 4 goals.
Think Chapman has an issue with playing local lads. Scott Norman can't even get in the squad surely he deserves a chance.
Already the crowd numbers are getting lower. If big Peter goes and we don't start getting better results I can see them dropping to under 300.

Annan' regression over the years has been quite staggering, especially when you consider how much the facilities off the field seem to have improved.

It didn't seem that long ago that Harry Cairney had the team looking as though they could be promoted along with having some of the leagues best players to call upon.

I think only those who see the team every week know exactly where it has gone wrong, but I'n sure Jim Chapman will have to take the blame somewhere along the lines.

About this time last season, Stirling Albion Supporters Club had a hospitality day and we played Annan and beat them 1-0. A couple of rows in front of us sat a few Annan fans who were sarcastically criticising Chapman. Fast forward 12 months and we face Annan again, at home, while the Supporters Club have another hospitality match.....nothing has really changed for the fans of Annan, if anything, the team may have even got worse.

Annan' regression over the years has been quite staggering, especially when you consider how much the facilities off the field seem to have improved.

It didn't seem that long ago that Harry Cairney had the team looking as though they could be promoted along with having some of the leagues best players to call upon.

I think only those who see the team every week know exactly where it has gone wrong, but I'n sure Jim Chapman will have to take the blame somewhere along the lines.

About this time last season, Stirling Albion Supporters Club had a hospitality day and we played Annan and beat them 1-0. A couple of rows in front of us sat a few Annan fans who were sarcastically criticising Chapman. Fast forward 12 months and we face Annan again, at home, while the Supporters Club have another hospitality match.....nothing has really changed for the fans of Annan, if anything, the team may have even got worse.

Tbf we weren't being sarcastic. Looking forward to another good day at hospitality in a couple of weeks time and I'm sure the dross we'll be served up from Jim's side will be even worse than the showing last year.

On 03/12/2016 at 18:24, Nostradamus said:

Picking on....might be the wrong description, but I can def see Chapman being stubborn/ignorant to someone for having a bad game. IMO he seems the sort.

Picking on him was the words used by the person who told over the rumour.

Chapman says team lacked leadership and experience in the defeat to Formantine last weekend. Surely that's evidence that Pete Watson should be playing.

Local paper say that Watson is available to play this weekend. Is this Chapman having a final roll of the dice???

Interesting to see that Gavin Skelton was training at Galabank tonight.

Maybe something similar to when James Fowler was training with us. If the board do decided to cut their losses with Chapman, he wouldn't be a bad appointment though, didn't do to bad a job at QoS......cracking player back in the day though.

7 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Maybe something similar to when James Fowler was training with us. If the board do decided to cut their losses with Chapman, he wouldn't be a bad appointment though, didn't do to bad a job at QoS......cracking player back in the day though.

Lets hope hes better than greg macdonald

Archived