Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Live Action Trailer

EdgarusQPFC

Very impressive live action trailer for the upcoming game, i know it shows no gameplay, but the production values are really impressive and the theme of it suggests a very well written title. Have actually never completed the first title, i believe i got stuck on a boss and ended up never going back to it.

Thoughts?

Human revolution was dreadful, I absolutely hated it. Can't say I am looking forward to this effort.

I started a new game earlier, so far im liking it, although i really dislike the inventory system and how the game approaches loot, being you cant pick up multiple guns of the same type you end up discarding alot of credits worth of gear, well unless your willing to take every induvidual weapon to a trader which is a tedious way of going about it.

The one thing i will say the game has spot on tho is the first person/third person cover system, it works very well and id love to see it implimented in other first person titles, it would have been a godsend in fallout 4. I enjoy the games art style and its soundtrack is quite good aswell

Human revolution was dreadful, I absolutely hated it. Can't say I am looking forward to this effort.

The A.I was terrible but I loved the story and vibe of the game, very blade runner. I'm abit of a fanboy so I'm easily pleased when it comes to these games

It's been a while since I played Human Revolution but I seem to remember quite enjoying it.  I liked the idea of using stealth rather than the usual tactic of just killing everyone in sight.  Been a fan of the franchise for a long time, so this will be getting bought.

Which was fine until you got to the bosses that you had no option but kill and found yourself hilariously under-equipped to do so.

Ach, the artwork and sound were pretty decent I suppose, should really give it credit for that. The atrocious AI really killed it though. I remember a bit where I had to eliminate some guy who had bodyguards in Tokyo ir wherever the Japanese setting was. I kept dying as I'd get shot to pieces by the bodyguards. That is until I found if you ran away far enough they completely forgot you had been there shooting at them about a minute prior.

after playing it a bit more i have to agree that the AI is fucking awful

• 6 months later...

I got this last week as it was down to £16.99 in Sainbury's.  Been off work for a couple of days with man flu and have done little else but play it.  Intriguing storyline as ever, but not as much action as I'd maybe like.  A lot of running around, speaking to someone, trying to work out how to get in somewhere without being spotted, and occasionally giving up and just killing everyone instead.

Definitely enjoying it though.

Enjoyong this, it's prob taking me alot longer than I should as everytime I get discovered I tend to reload to me last save point. Shooting your way out of a situation in this game feels abit like cheating!!

13 hours ago, spud131 said:

Enjoyong this, it's prob taking me alot longer than I should as everytime I get discovered I tend to reload to me last save point. Shooting your way out of a situation in this game feels abit like cheating!!

I'm on mission 15 now and it's all coming to a head. I've lost count of the number of times I've reloaded on the bit I'm in.

Apex Centre, trying to take out the 11 guards

Not only does getting discovered and shooting your way out feel like cheating, it also feels like losing!  Had to draw a line under it at 1am last night.  Looking forward to working being over so I can go back and complete it.

I'm currently in Golem City, just got to The Throat. Loving the feel to this game, you can sense the tension and struggle. I'm one for an air duct to sneak by places though!

That's roughly where I am just now. Reloaded abit about 20 times last night trying to get past it!!

Completed it at about half 1 this morning. Really enjoyed it, but I don't think it fulfilled its potential, which is a bit disappointing. Make sure you hang around for the hidden cut scene in the middle of the end credits though.  It's a doozy.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived