Group H - It's Better Than Yours

TheGoon

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am i right in saying if you win a match on penaltys you get 3 points and a bonus point, and if you win the game within the 90 minutes you get 3 points? Who the f**k thought of that one?

No.

If you win in 90 minutes you get 3 points.

If the game ends in a draw you get 1 point each.

Game only goes to penalties if the game ends in a draw.

Team that wins the penalty shootout gets the bonus point.

I've never seen us beat Morton and I've never even seen us play The Rovers. Interesting concept having this so early in the season and it might end up being a big leveller. I'll make 3 of the games but not heading to Berwick at night for fear of Werewolves.

From our point of view not playing the opening weekend is welcome as it gives us a few more days to get the squad together - plus we will presumably fit another friendly in that weekend. On the flipside we'll be playing catch-up from the beginning.

Playing the Albion Rovers and Clyde games first should also give us an opportunity to go into the games against the full-time teams knowing sneaking a result could put us in a position to challenge for progression. On the flipside if we fail to win either of those games it will basically be curtains already.

Disappointing to have both of our home games on Tuesdays... you wonder if the regulations should have seen everyone guaranteed 1 Saturday home game... but the fact that this means both our away games are on Saturdays makes things easier for our travelling supporters.

You're either exceptionally young or very choosy about which games you attend.

I am not too young, (unfortunately), I'm just unlucky where you guys are concerned. I think I've only seen us play 4 times in my puff and you guys won all 4 if memory serves. It's been a while since we were in the same division though has it not?

• 4 weeks later...
I am not too young, (unfortunately), I'm just unlucky where you guys are concerned. I think I've only seen us play 4 times in my puff and you guys won all 4 if memory serves. It's been a while since we were in the same division though has it not?

Last time I saw us beat Morton was the year we won the Scottish cup. Was right beside the cage separating the home and away fans. Was awesome.

Last time I saw us beat Morton was the year we won the Scottish cup. Was right beside the cage separating the home and away fans. Was awesome.

That was some game. 3-0 down and playing with 10 men we looked dead and buried. Then Alan Mahood inspires us to make it 3-2 and it was game on again. Pity about the two late Killie goals.

Best night I had a Rugby Park was the B&Q semi final we won 2-1. Was a bit unsporting of Tommy Burns to equalise whilst we were still celebrating Mathie's opening goal.

Archived