Group D. Alloa, Cove, Montrose, Raith & County

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The upside for Montrose will be that Templeman has to miss a game or two so we have to do something about the striking options as playing Fraser up top on his own is not a viable option. If the Spanish lad's clearance paperwork comes through Ok he would be an option in the remaining League Cup games whilst Heggy ponders other options.

I can honestly see only one change for Saturday. Hegarty rarely uses his bench and I can't remember any of the young strikers getting a run out of more than 15 minutes in a game last season. Wouldn't be surprised to see Campbell up top alongside Fraser, with Webster or Ferguson restored to midfield. Be great to be proved wrong [emoji106]

Good quality highlights package though.

On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 23:53, Sixtyten said:

After 3 years of relentless Championship struggles it was a refreshing change to watch a comprehensive win for Alloa.

A low turnout at the Recs, though hardly surprising with the dreadful £16 entry fee. Cove were a poor side it has to be said, and I thought 4-0 was a bit of a let-off for them. Plenty of good individual performances from Alloa and we played some nice stuff. I'm quite liking this group format for now.

That's an outrageous price considering that last season you would have had just one round 1 match. Accies are charging £12 but I think it should be £10 across the board. What was the actual crowd?

That's an outrageous price considering that last season you would have had just one round 1 match. Accies are charging £12 but I think it should be £10 across the board. What was the actual crowd?

Tend to agree. 16 fquid for a game v Cove? Was pretty shameless stuff from us putting ours up to 15 for the United game but we knew we'd get an extra 2000 United punters paying an extra £2 more than they usually would so can't blame them.

4 hours ago, Owsley said:

4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Tend to agree. 16 fquid for a game v Cove? 

Yep- we know.

Crowd of 213 speaks volumes.

Is anyone actually going to the game today?

I won't be there but will be hoping somebody is periscoping up there so I can still see it.. :lol:

Anyway Rovers line-up:

Cuthbert

Thomson
M'Voto
Bene
Mchattie

Callachan
Matthews
Davidson
Bobby Barr

Vaughan
McManus

Strong bench with Stewart, Roberts, Osei and Johnstone all able to come on and change the game..

Big shootout coming up. Winner (probably) wins the group. Draw would be enough versus Alloa for us to go through, most likely, were we to win. Three points likely needed if we lose.

County to win. Callachan to miss just seems so obvious...

9 minutes ago, Paco said:

Big shootout coming up. Winner (probably) wins the group. Draw would be enough versus Alloa for us to go through, most likely, were we to win. Three points likely needed if we lose.

County to win. Callachan to miss just seems so obvious...

Well I was half right...

No point getting carried away too much either way on the shootout, but a credible draw for us today. Delighted to get the extra point too - absolutely no idea why you'd let Callachan take a penalty. Thomson seems an odd one too, but regardless it worked out OK.

Very strong position to go through now. Draw against Alloa probably does it, a win definitely does. Conversely defeat almost certainly puts us out. Quite like this tournament...

Unlucky to draw. County were never scoring in open play, lots of hopeless punts.

We didn't offer much up front, but we played well. Barr and Vaughn again our best players.

Comfortable win for Alloa at Montrose, in control throughout and rarely tested. Excellent start with 6 points from the first 2 games and 6 goals scored and none conceded. Already it looks a much stronger team than last season. A couple of shots at higher league opposition now and nothing to lose.

Hope Bolo and the other guy are ok. 

Felt like i was at a pre-season game, boring as f**k. If it wasn't obvious already we can't be going into the new season with McShane and Woods in midfield, just doesn't work. Really could do with a pacey winger too to stretch teams more, and, as previously mentioned, we were far too predictable at times.

Comfortable win for Alloa at Montrose, in control throughout and rarely tested. Excellent start with 6 points from the first 2 games and 6 goals scored and none conceded. Already it looks a much stronger team than last season. A couple of shots at higher league opposition now and nothing to lose.

Hope Bolo and the other guy are ok. 

Bolo tackle looked a sore one hope it's not too serious .Who else got injured a left early for a refreshment.

47 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Unlucky to draw. County were never scoring in open play, lots of hopeless punts.

We didn't offer much up front, but we played well. Barr and Vaughn again our best players.

Don't flatter yourselves, neither team deserved to win that game. Poor stuff from both sides. The Raith number 4 was the best player on the park by a country mile. 

Archived