Group B

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The wee band of saints fans were excellent, supported their team for 90 minutes.
Unlike the rest of their lot, who only cheered three times, and apparently dozed off the rest of the match.

We were rank for the first half, much better after the break. Sibbald was our only attacking threat (in that he occasionally aimed to attack), and got booted up and down the park for his troubles.
Pen one was definite, pen two I missed as I was talking to my son, pen three was hilarious and tragicomic in its award.
To the paisley jakie above: away and shite. Grappling at corners has become a large and irritating part of the game recently. If there's going to be a crackdown on it then I'm right behind it. However to accuse Falkirk of being any worse than anyone else at it is frankly a feeble attempt at a dig from you, with no foundation whatsoever.

To the paisley jakie above: away and shite. Grappling at corners has become a large and irritating part of the game recently. If there's going to be a crackdown on it then I'm right behind it. However to accuse Falkirk of being any worse than anyone else at it is frankly a feeble attempt at a dig from you, with no foundation whatsoever.

:lol:

Screamer.

I quite evidently gave my foundation for my claim. Falkirk are the worst team I've witnessed for it. The game that springs to mind was 3-0 at your place, every single corner a Saints player was getting manhandled. It happened in the other games too, no. 44 is the worst offender for it. It wasn't a dig, it was an observation. I'm pretty sure I mentioned it in the match thread back then.

Hamilton were guilty of it yesterday and saints were denied on obvious penalty, however as I said it doesn't surprise me one bit to see Falkirk getting punished for these fouls.

1 hour ago, Trump said:

Who can blame them? Being refused entry into a game of football because they'd had a drink? What a crime.

England had a far worse hooligan problem than Scotland and they sell the stuff in their stadiums.

In Scotland we are now actively looking for a reason to refuse entry to the few customers we have because they've had a couple.

I remember watching Inverness let a guy pay to get in and then throw him out instantly for being drunk. This is the only credit I can give St Johnstone on the matter.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

However to accuse Falkirk of being any worse than anyone else at it is frankly a feeble attempt at a dig from you, with no foundation whatsoever.

You were the worst for it I've seen in my lifetime. We could easily have five or six penalties in the first half, and the most blatant one wasn't even given. Just after the missed penalty Cummins had a Falkirk player virtually on his back with arms wrapped around his neck, in plain view in the six yard box. It was bizarre.

21 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

England had a far worse hooligan problem than Scotland and they sell the stuff in their stadiums.

In Scotland we are now actively looking for a reason to refuse entry to the few customers we have because they've had a couple.

I remember watching Inverness let a guy pay to get in and then throw him out instantly for being drunk. This is the only credit I can give St Johnstone on the matter.

Theres having a couple of drinks and theres being absolutely legless and trying to get in with cans of Strongbow. 

1 hour ago, Trump said:

Who can blame them? Being refused entry into a game of football because they'd had a drink? What a crime.

Actually it IS a crime and underage drinking is also a crime. Mind you, the biggest crime I saw out there yesterday was Falkirk in box  wrestling but Roboref  Boaby soon sorted that oot..

It quickly became evident that Falkirk would attempt to use every last trick in the book of 'Sportsmanship' yesterday.

Unfortunately for them, Madden was having none of it.

Falkirk definitely seem to be up there with these 'tactics'. The only other I can really think of is Hamilton.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You were the worst for it I've seen in my lifetime. We could easily have five or six penalties in the first half, and the most blatant one wasn't even given. Just after the missed penalty Cummins had a Falkirk player virtually on his back with arms wrapped around his neck, in plain view in the six yard box. It was bizarre.

Theres having a couple of drinks and theres being absolutely legless and trying to get in with cans of Strongbow. 

What's wrong wi Strongbow like?

Just now, Gaz FFC said:

What's wrong wi Strongbow like?

Nothing, not really welcome in football stadiums though.

Gav bubbling up a wee storm in his head here, be worth watching for when they get pummelled by Brechin

It's only my opinion but I genuinely think Falkirk are in for a tough season if yesterday is anything to go by. I'm really not trolling either.

I quite agree with you actually, we were largely "disappointing".

Anyway, looking forward to Brechin on Tuesday, imagine we'll rotate a wee bit to help the "fringe" players have a run out. Murray Davidson back in contention too.

Clark

Watson - Anderson - Joe - Scobbie

Thomson - Millar - Paton - Swanson

Cummins - Kane

Is what I'm half expecting, but that leaves out Easton, Muzz, Craig, Coulson, Alston and MacLean.

Archived