Group G

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How far away is Hanilton's squad in terms of signings?

we only have seven I would like to see starting (if you include the apparent new signing from Burnley) 

Seven more than us.

Take it we aren't doing individual match threads for this monkey tennis? Good.

Livi v Saints at the Macaroni on Saturday then, can't wait. I won't be going but I think we will either win or... get the bonus point from the penalty shoot out. Won there twice last season and I think we are better now than we were then.

It seems a bit early for competitive football, but we really need to be getting ourselves through this group. Win this and our two home games and that will be us.

Aye, may as well do all the games in this thread.  Originally thought we may struggle against Hamilton but by the sounds of it they are having a nightmare with getting new signings.  For us, everything seems to be coming together now however still around 4 players away from a competitive squad for the season ahead.  Thought Accies would be too strong for us but that may not be the case now.  

Going for 1-1 and an Ayr win on penalties. 

Think our game will be interesting, St Mirren is a team we competed with last season, which is more than can be said against most of the other teams. 

No doubt St Mirren will be stronger though, this will be a tough opener and we shouldn't really look too much into this game, we will certainly put up a challenge to St Mirren though, if we get something great and I wouldn't put it past us but also wouldn't be surprised if we lost by a couple. 

Got a wee buzz of excitement at the thought of Livi coming to Meadowbank next week, obviously I'd prefer a Saturday game but at least I'll have something to break up the usual office drudgery.

We should be looking to win this group with St Mirren finishing runners up though as has been said our cup record under Canning has been shocking.Anything other than a win at Ayr tomorrow and the fans will be looking for him to get the sack.

We should be looking to win this group with St Mirren finishing runners up though as has been said our cup record under Canning has been shocking.Anything other than a win at Ayr tomorrow and the fans will be looking for him to get the sack.

I'd imagine we're treating this as a friendly (which I'm totally against). We're nowhere near having a first eleven never mind a settled first eleven so it really could go either way. We won't have a settled first team until about September so this will end up getting treated as a pre-season kick around.

1 hour ago, hammyaccies said:

Get your pitchfork at the ready then as i am fairly confident of a win today. 

11 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I'd imagine we're treating this as a friendly (which I'm totally against). We're nowhere near having a first eleven never mind a settled first eleven so it really could go either way. We won't have a settled first team until about September so this will end up getting treated as a pre-season kick around.

To be honest, McCall has said the real stuff starts on the 6th which means we will be treating this as a friendly, which I am not against really.  Competitive games to get the lads ready for the big games in the league.  A win would be, but getting the team ready is more important.

5 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Any word if the new signings recovered clearance for tomorrow? 

Not heard anything yet, you would imagine they would be though......

If they are, I would think we might lineup something along these lines, bearing in mind Donald and Rose are out:

Fleming

Devlin  Murphy  Meggat  Boyle

Adams  Docherty

Cairney  McGuffie  Gilmour

Thomas

Subs: Hart, McCracken, Crawford, Wadrope, Forrest, McCreadie, Johnston

We might even see one or two of the 20s who played at Gretna last week fill the 7th sub spot and the places of O'Connell and Thomas if they are missing.  Guys like Andy Johnston and Stevie McCreadie will be bursting to get another shot.  Ballantyne and Waite would be the 20s defensive cover as well.

ETA- Thomas' registration is through, O'Connells isn't.

Archived