Group G

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Thought we were piss poor today. A better team who could finish would have beaten us easily.

Great strike from D'Acol. Like his hold up play as well. Just needs more fitness.

How many times did Gillespie give the ball away today? Nothing new, but it's much more dangerous when he's at right back. New signing or someone from the u20's please. Devlin also had a shocker. The defence looked awful again, especially when Sarris went off.

Happy to get through, especially after our nightmare start.

Hopefully add to the squad during the week. Look so short in many areas.

Spot on. Devlin really needs to up his game, he was dreadful. Sarris looked comfortable and appears to have a bit of pace about him. I have the fear big time about next week.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the most boring games I've ever watched. No urgency from the team, you would've thought the result didn't matter. D'Acol goal was a peach and I thought he had a good game overall. The rest weren't much to talk about. Happy to go through but quite worrying what a team like Celtic could do to that defence.

^^^ sobbing uncontrollably

Try and walk us through instead how you failed to score a single goal against a pub team over sixty minutes, when your entire purpose was to score four goals against them.

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

Try and walk us through instead how you failed to score a single goal against a pub team over sixty minutes, when your entire purpose was to score four goals against them.

Post your picture of a Mor*on captain lifting that trophy.

Oh wait, you can't.

And to further save you the effort...

"verge of tears"

"word salad"

"^^^^^^^^"

2 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

IMG_1469914506.614410.jpg

Ah well can't win it every time.

What a day. Must be shite to have never experienced anything like that. I reckon I'd be "scrambling for relevance" all over the place if I'd never seen my team win a major honour 

As much as I like VT as a poster, St Mirren fans have experienced something that most Morton fans would bite  your hand off for. I'm pretty sure most fans would take a lifetime of cup failure (sorry lads) for one day of cup success.

On 19 July 2016 at 21:54,  Lexsaid: 
FT 1-0

3 points job done.  

Ayr are going to be one of *those* teams then. Not looking forward to our four up-coming games against them TBH. They came here to try kick us off the park and snatch a 0-0. And credit to them, it almost worked. I can understand McCalls thinking tbf, if I had that set of players I would employ that tactic too.

In the end we had too much for them and thoroughly deserved the win. Lewis Morgan is an outstanding talent, another MOTM performance from him this evening. 

Barring a shock result at home to Edinburgh City, that win virtually assures our place in the knock out phase in the league cup. Mission accomplished, league fixtures now please.
---------------------
holy god! what an absolute fuckin' melter

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 23:08, vikingTON said:

pub team indeed. We're from Edinburgh so that should read "child friendly gastro tavern franchise team" if you don't mind :angry:

We beat fellow pub team Spartans seven times in the last two seasons. How did Morton do against them?

Archived