Group A

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I miss Jan. He was unpredictable - I don't think he knew what he was doing half the time! He made some pretty horrendous mistakes, but he also made some unbelievable saves, particularity from penalties, was stupidly quick off his line (before it was the done thing) and got MOTM on his home debut despite being sent off before half-time :lol:

His gloves lie proudly beside Jamie Ewings 2011/12 top in my house :wub:

Edit: Oh my God. I'm going to end up buying this - we didn't even have names on our tops that season, so I've no idea why it does, but still!

http://www.shirtsofexcellence.co.uk/shop/shop.php?action=full&id=11993

Second edit: Didn't realise it was Ching who sent him our way: “In the end I arrived at Dumbarton because Mark McLaughlin, one of Tomas’ (Cerny) team-mates, knows their boss Jim Chapman and he recommended me to him.”

Just looking through that site....have you used them before? 

Is it legit? There's a few good shirts in there.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

That's a different Ryan Strachan to the scum bag we once signed.

Our resident knife carrying drug stasher was Adam Strachan as well

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-26681494

1 hour ago, the snudge said:

Just looking through that site....have you used them before? 

Is it legit? There's a few good shirts in there.

I haven't, although I recently bought a match worn #14 08/09 away shirt (as worn by Ross Clark when he scored an injury time equaliser against Albion Rovers) for £30 on eBay so It seems about the right price range.

Very, very tempted but I'm wasting an awful lot of money on football tops these days and I'm not sure I can justify it over the cost of the train to Uni :lol:

16 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Our resident knife carrying drug stasher was Adam Strachan as well

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-26681494

Jeeez! I've had a bit of a nightmare there :lol: did he play for one of the club's up north? Or was it one of the Angus club's? I realise I am clutching at straws a wee bit here probably :lol:

7 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Jeeez! I've had a bit of a nightmare there :lol: did he play for one of the club's up north? Or was it one of the Angus club's? I realise I am clutching at straws a wee bit here probably :lol:

He played for Arbroath I'm sure. Give me a minute and I'll have a wee look.

Aye he did, and Ross County - which is about as "up north" as it gets in the League!

10 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Aye he did, and Ross County - which is about as "up north" as it gets in the League!

County sacked him for drunkenly putting the nut on his pregnant bird.

11 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Least I'm not completely losing it then!!

He was an absolute thug wasn't he... 

We need Killie to not beat Albion Rovers in 90 or penalties. Same with QotS and Stenny. And for United to lose tomorrow to Dunfermline. And Motherwell the same with Stranraer.

So whilst it looks cushty at the moment, still looks unlikely.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Dundee can only get through if Inverness concede 4 goals to Arbroath and St Mirren concede 3 to Edinburgh City.

But we have a far superior goal difference? Is this another odd rule? 

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

We need Killie to not beat Albion Rovers in 90 or penalties. Same with QotS and Stenny. And for United to lose tomorrow to Dunfermline.

So whilst it looks cushty at the moment, still looks unlikely.

If United lose to Dunfermline tomorrow then Dunfermline would be runners-up with 9 points.

The runners-up in D and F are guaranteed at least 8 points, and with St Mirren and Inverness leading heavily the runners-up in groups C and G will have at least 9.

Just now, craigkillie said:

If United lose to Dunfermline tomorrow then Dunfermline would be runners-up with 9 points.

The runners-up in D and F are guaranteed at least 8 points, and with St Mirren and Inverness leading heavily the runners-up in groups C and G will have at least 9.

Ah right, was just basing it on a live table I had.

We need a miracle.

4-0 up now.

Failing to put East Fife and Peterhead away.when we dominated in the first hour of both games has done for us.

We were guilty of this last season - outplaying teams only to lose a sucker punch goal.

Sometimes I think we are not direct enough - too many pretty passes and trying to walk the ball in to the net.

Archived