Group E

Smurph

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Discussed it all after them relaying the pitch in the spring. Lesser is like a postage stamp.

Poor show for Hampden Park Ltd to hold concerts which prevent football games proceeding.

I assume the concerts were announced before the league cup, hence the problem here.

On 13/07/2016 at 19:17, Spidersmad said:

It's a shocker - hope the pitch is ready for the Airdrie game. It's hard to visualise where even a small grandstand could fit into Lesser. We would need turnstiles, toilets, and refreshment stands. There is the small open seated area - but how many does that hold? A couple of hundred, if that?

There's a decent amount of space behind the goals at Somerville Drive. Surely wouldn't be difficult to get a couple of turnstiles in place? Suppose it's all about how much this would cost and whether it would be worthwhile financially.

23 hours ago, Big Easy said:

I assume the concerts were announced before the league cup, hence the problem here.

And the fixtures were decided about a month ago, long after the concerts were scheduled. Give us the first two away from home (as well as the free middle Saturday we already have) then the pitch would have had an extra ten days to recover.

Bit of a meh game between Queens and Queens today. We were 2 up within half an hour then didn't really do much after that. Top of the table though [emoji41]

^Trying to create a diddy rivalry with us^

Next week obviously going to be an intense as f**k.

Not really much said on the Queens game! Who played well and who was looking a bit rusty? How did the new signings look?

Wouldn't have said anyone was looking particularly rusty. The back 5 were largely untested, although did have one shaky moment towards the end. Tapping and Pickard were both decent, with the latter looking like he has slimmed down a bit. Pickard does need to tighten up his discipline a bit though, he was constantly hanging off the back of players getting away from him, even when already cautioned. Hilson looked good, he was very busy and looks like he will be our main playmaker. Dykes played well first half but faded away a bit on the second, Anderson was the opposite in that he was quiet first half but came in to it on the second. I liked the look of Anderson, he looks to pick it up and run with it, then get the ball across. Rigg caused a few problems but wasn't really in the game all that much. Of the 3 substitutes only Brotherston really made an impact, he looks like he could be a very good player.

22 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Wouldn't have said anyone was looking particularly rusty. The back 5 were largely untested, although did have one shaky moment towards the end. Tapping and Pickard were both decent, with the latter looking like he has slimmed down a bit. Pickard does need to tighten up his discipline a bit though, he was constantly hanging off the back of players getting away from him, even when already cautioned. Hilson looked good, he was very busy and looks like he will be our main playmaker. Dykes played well first half but faded away a bit on the second, Anderson was the opposite in that he was quiet first half but came in to it on the second. I liked the look of Anderson, he looks to pick it up and run with it, then get the ball across. Rigg caused a few problems but wasn't really in the game all that much. Of the 3 substitutes only Brotherston really made an impact, he looks like he could be a very good player.

Wouldn't disagree with much of that other than to say I thought Kyle Jacobs had a positive impact when he came on too.

Robinson slotted back in like he's never been away. Dowser in particular strolled through the game. Hamill looks like he will take every set piece (though maybe Millar will get involved when free of suspension) and has great delivery. He was involved in both goals. Like the Raith fans said, Anderson's final ball sometimes lets him down but his flick ons from out wide with his head were not remotely coped with all day by Queens Park. He made the first with a great run onto Hamill's pass and should have earned us a penalty too. Not sure that Dykes will necessarily feature wide every game but having two big tall wide players for back post headers and flick ons is a different weapon to have from previous seasons.

Didn't make it yesterday as I had to arranged to meet friends at 5.30pm in Glasgow.

With every team getting at least matches what's the score with booking? 2 booking result in a one match suspension as normal. We need to be careful in that we picked up 3 cautions yesterday

Having seen the nick of the Hampden pitch, I'd be extremely surprised if the Airdrie game wasn't switched to Airdrie as well. Not sure how that would sit with the tournament rules in terms of away teams being allowed to play at home. If it wasn't allowed to be at Airdrie, I suspect it'd be Firhill. I'm no expert, but this doesn't look like a pitch (taken late last week, I think) that'll be ready to be played on soon. 

HAMPDENPITCH.jpg-large.jpg

Archived