Forth Wanderers 2016/17

tambothejambo

• 1 month later...

Big win yesterday at St Rochs

3-2 victory on a heavy park against one of the best teams in our division.

Last few results have been progressive so hopefully we can keep up the improvement and move away from the relegation area.

Will be tough but hopefully continue to plug away.

14 hours ago, tambothejambo said:

Big win yesterday at St Rochs

3-2 victory on a heavy park against one of the best teams in our division.

Last few results have been progressive so hopefully we can keep up the improvement and move away from the relegation area.

Will be tough but hopefully continue to plug away.

congratulations on the win. well deserved. all the best for the rest of the season until we play again and I hope we are able to take the 3 points then.

Disappointed at losing 3 points to a good Rossvale side yesterday shows how Forth have came on since the start of the season. After taking no points from first 5 games, we have now taken 10 from the next 5. If we can tighten things at the back and keep some discipline then we are a threat to anyone as there are goals in the team. Mon the Forth.

8 hours ago, JB Kingshill said:

Disappointed at losing 3 points to a good Rossvale side yesterday shows how Forth have came on since the start of the season. After taking no points from first 5 games, we have now taken 10 from the next 5. If we can tighten things at the back and keep some discipline then we are a threat to anyone as there are goals in the team. Mon the Forth.

Proverbial game of two halves yesterday. After a lethargic first half performance they were fortunate to go in only one down but once again the team again showed great spirit and energy in the second half to gain the lead twice before that last minute pen.

Always irks me that the perpetrator in an off the ball incident rarely gets what they deserve whereas the retailiator always gets punished. That was the case again yesterday.

I would say a draw was a fair result. Forth definitely upped their game second half. Best of luck the remainder of the season. The number 7 n 11 were good. Full of running n draggin players all over

On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 17:25, redstarbenhar said:

Proverbial game of two halves yesterday. After a lethargic first half performance they were fortunate to go in only one down but once again the team again showed great spirit and energy in the second half to gain the lead twice before that last minute pen.

Always irks me that the perpetrator in an off the ball incident rarely gets what they deserve whereas the retailiator always gets punished. That was the case again yesterday.

On 20/12/2016 at 10:30, hardest ned in glasgow said:

I would say a draw was a fair result. Forth definitely upped their game second half. Best of luck the remainder of the season. The number 7 n 11 were good. Full of running n draggin players all over

Cheers - was also impressed with Rossvale especially the two pacy wingers. Not so impressed with the Rossvale no 9 who succeeded in getting Forth centre half sent off. I see he has now been transfer listed by Rossvale - wonder if it was partly due to his conduct on Sat ?

• 5 weeks later...

RIP Bobby McDonald

With great sadness I have to report the death of committed Wanderers fan Bobby McDonald.

Bobby watched the Wanderers for many years after moving from Glasgow to Carluke and in recent years many will have met him as he helped Dougie McKendrick out on the gate selling the raffle tickets.

A quiet, unassuming chap, it's people like Bobby who are the unsung heroes of Junior Football, working quietly but effectively for the good of their club.

Everyone at the club would like to offer our sincere condolences to Bobby's family and friends at this terrible time.

You'll be missed at Kingshill pal ...

• 2 months later...

I read that Kris Jarvie scored for Forth yesterday. How long has he been back playing. We could have done with keeping the old fox in our ranks this season to support our young squad.  Well done to him. Hope he keeps scoring.

9 hours ago, Gonna Wanarurs said:

He's played in the last 3 games and been very decent
Poachers goal on Saturday but it ended up sealing the 3 points
Never gives defences a minutes peace and could have a big say on us hopefully staying up

Exactly, plus he will be a help to the coaches too.

• 1 month later...

Big congratulations to Jamie McKenzie, Brian Crawford, Alan Murphy and all the staff for keeping our wee club in the first division.

Last year was the clubs first promotion from the bottom tier in 25 years after our first title win in 36 years.

We Started this season like last year slowly but the effort by everyone concerned at the club has been terrific although trying to get that final 3 points to confirm our spot in the division was murder with some decent performances at Cambuslang, Thorniewood and Benburb showing we were capable but for whatever reason just falling short.

I know there will be teams gaining promotion and winning higher leagues throughout the juniors but few will be happier or more proud of their achievement than our wee club and hopefully we can build on this and at least make ourselves a constant fixture in this division.

Big shout out to our committee who have done a remarkable job in the last few years but as a lot of you will know it's mostly been the same few faces for the last 30/40 years. Now that takes some doing.

Well done lads [emoji122]????[emoji122]????[emoji122]????[emoji122]????

Archived