Pre-season friendlies 2016-17

Rab B Nesbit

Just now, The_Judge said:

Program didn't give line-ups.  I was impressed with a few of the Dundee side, number 10 very impressive.   The team in general displayed great levels of fitness and we wondered if this was an Under-21 side.  They were a little casual at the back on a few occasions in the first half and almost lost goals from it.

Cheers, sounds quite promising so we'll hopefully get a report on our website tomorrow.

Just had the youth side of things taken over by Jimmy Boyle (ex Airdrie manager) and he seems to know what he's doing and the team are looking quite decent. A few years ago, a decent side at your level would have been battered by a decent junior side so think it's very promising that we're looking decent in games like this.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gala Fairydean Rovers 2 Hibs XI 0

Gala complete a Capital double over Hearts and Hibs

Had hoped to get to that game but got landed with a night shift. Any links to goals? Good team performance or any standouts?

56 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

What happened with the Spartans v Blyth Spartans game due for today?

A series of Circumstances beyond Blyth Spartans control cancelled wi less than 24 hours notice. Feel sorry for their small band of diehards who were making a weekend of the trip :o

5 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

A series of Circumstances beyond Blyth Spartans control cancelled wi less than 24 hours notice. Feel sorry for their small band of diehards who were making a weekend of the trip :o

Cheers it just had the briefest of mentions on the Spartans OS just wondered. Was down at Blyth a few years ago with Cowden great wee ground

ww 1 sauchie 1

best entertainment was watching the clueless ref ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

why are WW still playing all these trialists whom all seem to be from Binghams old u19 team ?

quicker hislop is back and gets a settled team on the pitch the better

11 minutes ago, theref said:

ww 1 sauchie 1

why are WW still playing all these trialists whom all seem to be from Binghams old u19 team ?

What all 2 trialists that's came on in the 2nd half? 

Pre-season is for getting everyone fit and sharp you can't be calling for a settled team with 3 games a week :lol:

Having said that i think we can see the team taking shape from the selections. 

38 minutes ago, theref said:

ww 1 sauchie 1

I was impressed wi the young trialist who came on :o

I'd be more concerned aboot the discipline again, everyone inside ground just knew what was gonnae happen. Why not take players off like that after all it was only a friendly   ? 

So aye defo need manager back.....

I was impressed wi the young trialist who came on [emoji33]

I'd be more concerned aboot the discipline again, everyone inside ground just knew what was gonnae happen. Why not take players off like that after all it was only a friendly   ? 

So aye defo need manager back.....

discipline is a big concern for me same old same old im afraid and i can't see whaat difference it will mahe regardless if the manager is there or not

Thought young moffat should have started at right back , but with john hall being sent off he will now and john may find it hard getting back in

if possible i would like to see some of this young talent signed and would move keane back to left back and martin to right wing

hope gormley is back soon as all teams need a goal threat like him 

Hislop will not be happy with a player being sent off for dissent,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Reading there that Stirling Uni got hammered 6-1 at "home" to Bo'ness, and Cumbernauld Colts lost 1-0 at home to a midtable Ayrshire District League side. Only friendlies but hardly ringing endorsements for the league.

7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Reading there that Stirling Uni got hammered 6-1 at "home" to Bo'ness, and Cumbernauld Colts lost 1-0 at home to a midtable Ayrshire District League side. Only friendlies but hardly ringing endorsements for the league.

:D:D

Are the students even back yet ? 

There have probably been other results recently that have rang endorsements for the league ? 

As you say only friendlies let's get the proper show on the road next weekend........

9 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

That'll be the same Cumbernauld Colts that beat Auchinleck Talbot in the Scottish Cup last season. There's been a few funny results in pre-season but the LL continues to get stronger. 

32 minutes ago, comeon said:

Thought young moffat should have started at right back , but with john hall being sent off he will now and john may find it hard getting back in

if possible i would like to see some of this young talent signed and would move keane back to left back and martin to right wing 

All options that the manager has used before and will have in the season ahead when it starts for real. 

East Kilbride 5 - 0 Tynecastle.

All goals in first half and a 20 minute hatrick for Ross McNeil, a bizarre own goal and a goal for Winter.  Coll and McBride back in starting lineup for EK and game all wrapped up by the break.  Lots of changes in second half during which Tynecastle made a bit more of a fist of it.

In last two games I've been very impressed with Kieran Gibbons but didn't know who he was.  Spoke to a couple of players after the game who identified him but pointed out he hadn't signed yet (although there were hopes he might later today)....lo and behold he's now appeared within the profiles page of their website so assume a deal has been done.  Looks a real find.

41 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

East Kilbride 5 - 0 Tynecastle.

All goals in first half and a 20 minute hatrick for Ross McNeil, a bizarre own goal and a goal for Winter.  Coll and McBride back in starting lineup for EK and game all wrapped up by the break.  Lots of changes in second half during which Tynecastle made a bit more of a fist of it.

In last two games I've been very impressed with Kieran Gibbons but didn't know who he was.  Spoke to a couple of players after the game who identified him but pointed out he hadn't signed yet (although there were hopes he might later today)....lo and behold he's now appeared within the profiles page of their website so assume a deal has been done.  Looks a real find.

Gibbons was terrible with us last season. Probably found his level in the Lowland League.

Archived