Pre-season friendlies 2016-17

Rab B Nesbit

9 minutes ago, hareskirky said:

Granted i am being a bit selective still a decent collection of results for juniors against lowland league in the friendlies 

Civil service strollers 1 V Rob Roy 4 
Dalbeattie 1 V Shettleston 2 
Arniston 2 v gala 1 
Preston athlete 1 v dunbar 3
Vale of Leithan 1 V bonnyrigg 6 
Preston 0 v Easterhouses 2
Musselburgh 1 v Spartans 1 
Preston 2 v Tranent 5 
Stirling uni 0 v broxburn 2 
Bsc 2 v Gartcairn 

colts 0 v Annbank 1

Stirling university 1 v boness 6 

also noted kelty went up and beat a strong highland league side in brora,  2-0

Just saying like 

Easterhouses they from Glasgow :P

Pre season means hee haw bud..... 

Oor league starts next weekend that's when it all matters. 

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

You missed out  ... 

Whitehill Welfare 2 Newtongrange Star 1 

Penicuik Athletic 0 East Stirling 5 

Craigroyston 0 Hawick RA 4 

Spartans 3-1 jeanfield swifts 

They only see what they want to see Rab :D

Friendlies are for a lot of things, the result isn't one of them or you're doing it wrong.

Looking at friendly games as a measure of how teams or grades stack up against each other (in either direction) tells you absolutely nothing.

1 hour ago, hareskirky said:

Granted i am being a bit selective still a decent collection of results for juniors against lowland league in the friendlies 

Civil service strollers 1 V Rob Roy 4 
Dalbeattie 1 V Shettleston 2 
Arniston 2 v gala 1 
Preston athlete 1 v dunbar 3
Vale of Leithan 1 V bonnyrigg 6 
Preston 0 v Easterhouses 2
Musselburgh 1 v Spartans 1 
Preston 2 v Tranent 5 
Stirling uni 0 v broxburn 2 
Bsc 2 v Gartcairn 

colts 0 v Annbank 1

Stirling university 1 v boness 6 

also noted kelty went up and beat a strong highland league side in brora,  2-0

Just saying like 

Never even put in the fact all these games had 4000+ at them with the junior masses out in force.....look at me responding to a poster who uses pre season friendlys as any kind of yardstick to make points.....will I never fken learn

Dundee bet Manchester City 2-0 in a friendly a couple of years ago, doesn't necessarily mean that Dundee are better than Man City

This.

I remember falkirk beating ajax when ajax had won Dutch leagues in a friendly. By this virtue falkirk must have been better than every team ajax had beaten that year.

if we were going by friendlies then the then LL City handed out 3 spankings to Kelty Hearts in recent seasons... just saying like... :lol:

this also makes Lothian Thistle better than Kelty... :(:whistle 

27 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

You have to be special type of fuckwit to think pre season means jackshit 

Whoa whoa whoa.......just how many on here are u trying to offend...

17 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

:D:D

Are the students even back yet ? 

There have probably been other results recently that have rang endorsements for the league ? 

As you say only friendlies let's get the proper show on the road next weekend........

students are not back for a few weeks so any team they have out id just made up of a combination of who is available

18 hours ago, comeon said:

Thought young moffat should have started at right back , but with john hall being sent off he will now and john may find it hard getting back in

if possible i would like to see some of this young talent signed and would move keane back to left back and martin to right wing

hope gormley is back soon as all teams need a goal threat like him 

Hislop will not be happy with a player being sent off for dissent,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Martin is too good a player to be a sub and i have no idea how Manson plays in front of him on the wing and Ohara was poor again yesterday and makes little sense not playing Keane there 

Trialists looked very young and decent in patches are they not in the  WW under 20 team then ? as that would be the natural step surely  ,,the ref was brutal but doesnt excuse players effing in his face , Hislop will not be a happy man with indiscipline like this 

58 minutes ago, whatasaw said:

Martin is too good a player to be a sub and i have no idea how Manson plays in front of him on the wing and Ohara was poor again yesterday and makes little sense not playing Keane there 

You are reading far too much into friendly team selections. 

2 hours ago, HTG said:

Aye but it's at night. I assume they'll be up. I was looking for a sensible reply too though. :)

Sometimes silly questions get met with silly answers...anyone who has been around eos/ll football are aware that student team struggle with personal over the summer months and season starting....its been made public thro many sources over the years

Archived