Have we givin up

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have heard that Spartans are leaving the league and that Whitehill, West Barns Star and Tweedmouth Rangers have applied to join. They all have issues to resolve.

if Spartans leave, Craigroyston defo away and looking like Css and HRA could be LL bound, it leaves a fucking shite state of affairs for the EOS !!! I'd heard about Tweedmouth Rangers months ago, I'd like a Berwick based team in. WBS imo would be a good addition also. Issues to resolve ?? About time this criteria pish was relaxed a bit, if you've got a wee bit further to walk to the pitch or there's only one set of showers, if you've Nae where even to have a shite so f**k, it needs new blood, end of

Really good for the EOS to get new teams in. I think they should drop the reserves teams in this league, and get some new blood instead.

Agree with this. The league has became too stale and it needs freshened up

Has there been any news on Kelso returning or have they completely folded and won't be back?

Their committee have been hanging around Coldstream games near the end of the season with their jackets on etc.. Never heard any stories in terms of them coming back. I do believe they are still paying their fees which means they have a space if interested in coming back into the league is this true?

Their committee have been hanging around Coldstream games near the end of the season with their jackets on etc.. Never heard any stories in terms of them coming back. I do believe they are still paying their fees which means they have a space if interested in coming back into the league is this true?

If the committee is still there and they have been paying the bills this surely indicates they are hoping to return then?

tweedmouth rangers not English clubs? How would that work?

I don't know if it's codified in any rules, but there has always been a flexibility surrounding Berwick and Carlisle. In and around Berwick a number of the local clubs have moved back and forth. Berwick Rangers of course play in SPFL, and also participated in EOSL on and off. Tweedmouth AFC play in the (Scottish) Border Amateurs and have kept doing so after folding and reforming a couple of years ago. Farne AFC played at Foulden on the Scottish side but in the North Northumberland League. Duns AFC - now Duns Reserves - moved from Border Amateur to North Northumberland and back over last 3 seasons. Over the other side of the country Hearts of Liddesdale have also flitted back and forward.

2012/13: 26 teams

2013/14: 20 teams

2014/15: 17 teams

2015/16: 15 teams

With Hawick and Civil Service in the Lowland League and Craigroyston leaving to the juniors that's the league down to only 12 teams; two of which are reserve teams.

Interesting to see if there will be any new teams next season because the league is down from 26 to 12 teams in the space of just three years.  Lose a couple more teams and the league will really be struggling.

I'm not sure where these teams intend on playing their home games but for the sake of the future of the EOSFL every effort should be made to accomodate clubs wishing to join. West Barns are enclosed of sorts along three sides but maybe they intend playing at the 3G at Dunbar? Matches are very rarely off at West Barns grass pitch though. Tweedmouth I heard were intending playing on the old pitch behind the terrace at Berwick Rangers but they couldn't share changing facilities with Berwick surely? Selkirk tried to put a team in the EOS a couple of years ago and other clubs voted against them being allowed in for some minor reason. It was suggested at the time that clubs outwith the Borders simply didn't fancy another trip down there and that was the real reason they didn't get the votes but that may or may not be true, only those who voted would know. I'm sure the rail round the pitch requirement for new clubs could be relaxed at least and maybe clubs given say 3-5 years to get it done. There are attendances of about 20-30 people at these games in most cases so even a rope is barely needed never mind a rail.

According to twitter, Tweedmouth have been elected to the EoSL. Spartans Reserves & Craigroyston have resigned. Not sure what happened about about West Barns application ? With HRA and CSS promoted to Lowland League, the EoSL will apparently have 12 clubs next season.

Does anyone know any more about the West Barns situation?

Archived