Have we givin up

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye I remember when this was a hive of activity.. Intellectual conversation. Debates on a Saturday night and heed with his forthright opinions . Roll on the possible addition of new teams and new and interesting folk to slag off !!! 😊

I hope not to be honest. I felt that despite the rain delays that this was a decent season.

Leith and Lothian at the top, as a lot suspected, a good civil, tynecastle and Hawick team, ormiston and Peebles having good seasons before tailing off slightly towards the end. I still feel that it should be a good level of football stepping up from under 21s or amateurs.

Lowland league was always going to impact it longer term but I really don't think it's dying, like some people say.

I hope not to be honest. I felt that despite the rain delays that this was a decent season.

Leith and Lothian at the top, as a lot suspected, a good civil, tynecastle and Hawick team, ormiston and Peebles having good seasons before tailing off slightly towards the end. I still feel that it should be a good level of football stepping up from under 21s or amateurs.

Lowland league was always going to impact it longer term but I really don't think it's dying, like some people say.

Agree with most of the things you say but the league is in danger of becoming very stale with Craigroyston leaving for the juniors and the possibility of the strollers, Coldstream or even Hawick heading to the lowland league. The league has to start attracting more teams to play in the league to make it more interesting otherwise playing teams four times will get boring imo.

At the top has panned out as suspected, seen Leith at Eyemouth and they look a good team. I watch Coldstream on and off and they started well enough, but dipped mid season, although picked up again with a few players being added lately has helped. They need to beat Ormiston on sat to leapfrog HWU to I suppose a decent 10th place. Can't comment on many teams squads but some I know of have never really had a settled one, too many comings and goings which won't have helped some teams. Pleased for the Albert this season, with a vastly improved league positioning, hope their rise continues. Need new blood in though, with Craigy going and maybes CSS going LL. I'd like to see the EOS select team back, I enjoyed last seasons games and hopefully all clubs make the effort for the annual dinner in June

Agree with most of the things you say but the league is in danger of becoming very stale with Craigroyston leaving for the juniors and the possibility of the strollers, Coldstream or even Hawick heading to the lowland league. The league has to start attracting more teams to play in the league to make it more interesting otherwise playing teams four times will get boring imo.

Would a club like Duns look to move to Junior, or do they have LL ambitions?

The East Region Juniors probably only have two or maybe three vacancies at the moment, once Craigroyston join. 64 clubs split across 4 x 16 club divisions is the optimum number for them.

The EoSFL may potentially reduce to 12 clubs next season, two of whom are reserve sides, for the likes of Duns, Ormiston, Tynecastle and Eyemouth, unlicenced and unlikely to be soon, the Juniors may be a more attractive environment for them.

The East Region Juniors probably only have two or maybe three vacancies at the moment, once Craigroyston join. 64 clubs split across 4 x 16 club divisions is the optimum number for them.

The EoSFL may potentially reduce to 12 clubs next season, two of whom are reserve sides, for the likes of Duns, Ormiston, Tynecastle and Eyemouth, unlicenced and unlikely to be soon, the Juniors may be a more attractive environment for them.

I've heard that Michellin Athletic are interested in joining the ER Juniors - don't think they have facilities for it though

Duns have built themselves a new ground complete with embankment, grandstand, covered terrace etc. and are open over aspirations to get licensed, join SFA etc. They publically announced a previous LL application but later withdrew, opportunity having come too soon:

http://www.dunsfc.co.uk/lowland-league-visit/

http://www.dunsfc.co.uk/club-withdraw-lowland-league-application/

http://www.briefreport.co.uk/news/coldstream-and-duns-fail-to-gain-lowland-league-entry-2393915.html

I've heard that Michellin Athletic are interested in joining the ER Juniors - don't think they have facilities for it though

From Dundee? had heard the same and that they did meet ground requirements, no idea if they have applied though.

I watched the junior east south division for 2 seasons and it still remains my favourite time of watching football, any team that does make the switch will imo enjoy it. Can't understand Ormiston, I would have thought in the current EOS climate they would have been running to join the juniors. First the LL, now the one league is slowly killing the EOS IMO, shame really

I know the board have lowland league ambitions but pulled out when we applied. As HJ says we are getting a stand built now and the committee must take a lot of credit for the wonderful work that has taken place at NHP over the last few years. A wouldn't mind junior either as its a good competitive setup but its up to the committee to decide where our future lies. One things for sure the EOS is dying unless it changes.

I can't speak for Coldstream, but I would think that the great work that's been done at home park was more for the Scottish Cup entry, more than LL entry. Personally in time I'd like to see a LL 2nd division in place

Good to hear Duns are putting in place the facilities first.

Heidthebaa made the point that the LL is slowly killing the EoSFL, once Hawick and CSS disappear (surely they will both get in ahead of Edusport?) then you’re getting down to the bare bones, that would only leave Burntisland and Coldstream as the sole remaining licenced clubs, is that right?

When or Ormiston’s new ground ready, in time for next season?. How long will these clubs hang around trying to get into the LL given that they need to win their way into it and finish top of the EoS pile ahead of Leith and LTHV?

Only way I can see is a LL div 2 or integrated into the juniors, I just think the EOS feels more and more isolated. Coldstream and Burntisland still have the big Scottish to look forward to in September though, which is still something I suppose

Archived