What Culture

Guest bernardblack

Feel pretty bad for the WC Wrestling lads as they have the most subscribers but will make the least due to the new policy. I can understand why wrestling would come under the policy but when WCPW isn't too hard core I don't see why this will affect them. Pretty annoying as I quite enjoy watching the wcpw shows

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Round of 16 matches in the WCPW World Cup took place tonight and the results were;

Mike Bailey(CAN) Def Travis Banks(NZL)

Penta El 0M(MEX) Def Bad Bones(GER)

Hiromu Takahashi(JAP) Def Lucky Kid(GER)

Ricochet(USA) Def Angelico(SA)

Joseph Connors(ENG)* Def Joe Coffey(SCO)

KUSHIDA(JAP) Def Kenny Williams(SCO)

Zack Sabre Jr(ENG) Def Jay Lethal(USA)

Will Ospreay(ENG) Def Rey Mysterio(MEX)

* Mike Elgin(CAN) originally qualified for the WCPW World Cup but had to pull out due to other commitments. WCPW couldn't find a replacement from Canada but managed to get Connors instead. 

Matches for the Quarter Finals are as follows;

KUSHIDA(JAP) vs Zack Sabre Jr(ENG)

Hiromu Takahashi(JAP) vs Joseph Connors(ENG)

Ricochet(USA) vs Penta El 0M(MEX)

Mike Bailey(CAN) vs Will Ospreay(ENG)

1 hour ago, Randy Giles said:

Apparently Rey unmasked and gave his mask to Will Ospreay. Must think highly of him. Apparently he brought pretty much every bit of effort to the match as well.

Yeah, he "unmasked" but had another mask underneath. Match was probably match of the night but had a few botches in it. Main botch was Mysterio falling backwards from the Oscutter instead of forwards. 

Just finished up watching it.  Skipped a few of the ones I wasn't interested in, but the show was pretty stacked.  A few moments where the match kind of lost me though.  I don't like the super choreographed matches where it's clear you're watching two people carrying out a script.  To be fair to them, it wasn't by any means the whole match, but there were a few sequences like that.  A few botches too.  But wonderful moments at the end between the two of them, you could really see how much it meant to Ospreay to be in the ring with him and a great show of respect in return from Rey.  Good moment for Connors coming back too - interesting that WWE would let him appear.  Thought they were pretty against anyone appearing on televised or broadcast shows.

Looking at the quarter finals, assume that we're heading for a Ricochet/Ospreay semi on one side, but harder to call on the other.  Assume Tanahashi beats Connors, probably ZSJ (urgh) too.  Definitely tuning in tonight to see where they go with it.

22 minutes ago, forameus said:

Looking at the quarter finals, assume that we're heading for a Ricochet/Ospreay semi on one side, but harder to call on the other.  Assume Tanahashi beats Connors, probably ZSJ (urgh) too.  Definitely tuning in tonight to see where they go with it.

I agree with the Ricochet/Ospreay match but on the other I can see it being ZSJ vs Connors. Don't think WWE would of let WCPW use him if he wasn't going to make it far. 

What night of action for the Quater Finals. Results were;

Ricochet(USA) Def Penta El 0M(MEX)

Joseph Conners(ENG) Def Hiromu Takahashi(JAP)

Will Ospreay(ENG) Def Mike Bailey(CAN)

KUSHIDA(JAP) Def Zack Sabre JR(ENG)

Which means that the semi finals on Saturday will be;

KUSHIDA(JAP) vs Joseph Conners(ENG)

Ricochet(USA) vs Will Ospreay(ENG)

Looking forward to watching the Semi Finals.

Would Recommend watching the match between Bailey and Ospreay when it gets uploaded to the youtube channel. Been described as the best WCPW ever. Will link it when it gets uploaded.

I tried to watch some of the Last 16 but the commentary is so depressing I had to turn it off. Fan of a few of the guys in the tournament as well but when it gets to this stage it's exhausting with the amount of no selling spot fests. A race to get all of your shit in. Which is fine in small doses but from what I've seen it's pretty much every match they try that in. 

I might watch the semis whenever those are though. I could put up with it for a couple of matches. And.... glad ZSJ is out as I really don't like him.

Picking and choosing what I watch as I do with NJPW but I'm enjoying it. Can go WCPW in small doses but I struggle to sit through an entire show. 

I quite enjoy the WCPW product myself but some of it is dragged out, mainly the Special shows or iPPV which can go for about 3 and a half hours.

WCPW has done well with what it has, with other companies booking their talent i.e the women's division. Not had a proper Womens match for a while. Think the last match was Kay Lee Ray vs Viper for Bea Priestley's Women's title

Archived