Joey Barton

Well said Rob, I expect you to be hounded of the forum by TheDrunk, Bennett ect now for having a different opinion to then now.

I don't know Ben or Kinc (if that's presumably who you are referring to?) both good Bears, who will understand the divided views on Rangers signing this guy amongst our support I'm sure.

I said last night, that most of my Rangers supporting pals think it's a great signing. I don't, I can't f*ckin stand the wee scrote and all his platitudes about understanding the Club and its fans are just bollocks.

Yes, its what he does on the park that counts, but I never thought we'd sink to this level!

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know Ben or Kinc (if that's presumably who you are referring to?) both good Bears, who will understand the divided views on Rangers signing this guy amongst our support I'm sure.

I said last night, that most of my Rangers supporting pals think it's a great signing. I don't, I can't f*ckin stand the wee scrote and all his platitudes about understanding the Club and its fans are just bollocks.

Yes, its what he does on the park that counts, but I never thought we'd sink to this level!

He could well be a decent signing. But he's definitely mugged off rangers on his Twitter feed In the past.

Hates Barton because he's a *eltic fan that hates the queen. Glorious.

Hates Barton because he's a *eltic fan that hates the queen. Glorious.

Any chance of a link to your justgiving page to contribute to your bus fare through to Shettleston next season Lichtie? 😉

Can't argue with Warkitten's signing of WarBarton from a BNB's perspective.

Adds experience to the middle of the park and he enjoyed an Indian summer in Burnley last season.

Also a 'big name' signing, largely down to his liking for self exposure in the media.

The next few signings are likely to be lower lights but with more potential.

I can see The Stranger Dangers snatching a top 6 spot come the split, with a bit of luck.

I wouldn't pay him 5 quid a week, to stoop so low to sign the likes of Joey Barton. Joey F*ckin Barton playing for Rangers!! FFS

I wouldn't pay him 5 quid a week, to stoop so low to sign the likes of Joey Barton. Joey F*ckin Barton playing for Rangers!! FFS

I'm half and half on this.

I can see how he'd fit in positionally and what he'd bring to the team, he's what we've been crying out for.

We all know what he's got up to in the past and do we need the hassle of him doing something mental again.

So the decent Rangers fans are the ones that want the club to sign Joey Barton?

Weird, isn't it?  

Red showing his true colours. (not that he has ever tried to hide them)

Barton is a pro football player. It's only about the money for them.

If you believe the 'same club' theory, is it possible to sink lower than El Hadji Diouf?

If you believe the 'same club' theory, is it possible to sink lower than El Hadji Diouf?

You wouldn't think so, but I reckon we've managed to go even lower with this signing. That's it, I've said what I think, I'm out!

Let's face it here. Even if they're half joking, RedRob's dislike for Barton will more than likely come from him being a Celtic fan. Which gives a platform for the rest. He has the biggest "WE ARE RA PEEPUL!" nonsense on here, and it's not exactly difficult to see through everything else.

You wouldn't think so, but I reckon we've managed to go even lower with this signing. That's it, I've said what I think, I'm out!

Surely not, purely on the basis Diouf was absolutely shite.

When he played at Pittodrie I couldn't believe how bad he was, even his set pieces he could barely kick a ball.

Barton for all his cuntishness I think is a good player.

I can't believe any Rngers supporter being disappointed in Barton. Burnleys POTY. He was picked for the Championship Team of the year. He will be a star in this league.

Ok he has different political views to many of the more 'traditional' supporters. That's a good thing as far as I am concerned as it outs those who have refused to move with the times.

I know some will say 'but what about the other baggage'. Harry Forrester had some of that baggage. Paul Gascoigne was hardly an angel. Andy Goram was on the front pages as well as the back pages during his time at Ibrox.

I am pretty sure The Manager looked into all this before trying to sign him. Seemingly Barton is very close to McParland so they will know all about him.

Welcome to Rangers Joey Barton

I think he'll be a fantastic signing for BrandRangers FC.

In addition I expect he'll annoy the feck out of other fans with his opinions as well.

Believe it or not, I think he's matured over the years. The 'controversial' stuff these days seems to be minor-celebrity tiffs.

Yours

aDONis

Archived