North Korea

Booker_d

Fancy doing something different this year for holiday. I'm certain North Korea was getting talked about on a thread recently but can't find it. Been looking at various companies but can only really seem to find Koryo Tours. Unfortunately the tours seem to be on set dates, which aren't suitable really. Are there other companies out there? Has anyone been?

Fancy doing something different this year for holiday. I'm certain North Korea was getting talked about on a thread recently but can't find it. Been looking at various companies but can only really seem to find Koryo Tours. Unfortunately the tours seem to be on set dates, which aren't suitable really. Are there other companies out there? Has anyone been?

Can you not only do official tours with the north korean government agency?

• 3 weeks later...

Try South Korea. Seoul is quite westernised with an incrediblly good and cheap subway system so you can get around quickly. Plenty to see.

They have a bullet train which is an experience in itself, so you can head about the country cheaply and quickly, and next to no street crime, so you and your cash are pretty safe.

And if seriously attractive young girls in short skirts are your thing...this is the place for it. Wasted on an auld git like me, mind.

You can take a trip to the DMZ and actually stand in North Korea. To be honest, from what I hear, NK is falling to bits and the withdrawal of aid is hitting their food supplies hard.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived