Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

19 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Has Coulson been unlucky with niggling injuries?

Or is Coulson shite?

Both? Personally, I see glimpses in the one-twos and wee bits of play which makes me understand why TW thought he'd be a decent squad player, but he needed a run of games to get used to this level, and his injury problems prevent that.

There's Wright in the Courier this morning saying that he's confident we'll get a deal sorted with Swanson. He reckons the 'pieces of the jigsaw are now coming together'. He mentioned that he thinks Swanson may be the next to sign a new deal. He also wants to attract a couple of 'jewels in the crown' this summer. 

A winger, a striker and maybe a central midfielder would be my guesses. 

There's Wright in the Courier this morning saying that he's confident we'll get a deal sorted with Swanson. He reckons the 'pieces of the jigsaw are now coming together'. He mentioned that he thinks Swanson may be the next to sign a new deal. He also wants to attract a couple of 'jewels in the crown' this summer. 
A winger, a striker and maybe a central midfielder would be my guesses. 

Ryan Dow, Nadir Ciftci and John Rankings sound solid shouts

On Thu Mar 23 2017 at 20:07, Radford said:

Scobbie won't be going so we can bring in another senior defender, he'll be going to create a clearer pathway for the young defenders. It may not transpire that way (as we saw with Cregg/Brown/Caddis) but I wouldn't expect any defensive arrivals this summer.

This.

You have to say though Scobbie has been a fantastic signing for Saints. He's never let us down. He would give up his right arm to play. Completely knows his limitations in pace and height and for that reason has been solid wherever he's played. We've had spells where influential players have been out (MacKay , Easton) and we've still picked up important points. And who can forget the winning Euro penalty?

Consistent teams are built on Tam Scobbies. Not Danny Swansons.

Edited by Broon_100

I wouldn't be devastated if Tam got another contract tbh. He might fancy himself as a first pick for someone in the league though. I'm sure that's why Gary Miller ended up leaving without an offer as well. 

Tommy's 'jewels in the crown' comment is so going to bite him in the arse when we inevitably end up signing a 30 year old, released from a bottom six club. 

33 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Tommy's 'jewels in the crown' comment is so going to bite him in the arse when we inevitably end up signing a 30 year old, released from a bottom six club. 

He loves to put himself under pressure :lol:

I do however think he has had discussions with the players he wants and they have obviously gave him decent signs. Surely he wouldn't be silly enough to say anything that could leave egg on his face.

This.
You have to say though Scobbie has been a fantastic signing for Saints. He's never let us down. He would give up his right arm to play. Completely knows his limitations in pace and height and for that reason has been solid wherever he's played. We've had spells where influential players have been out (MacKay , Easton) and we've still picked up important points. And who can forget the winning Euro penalty?
Consistent teams are built on Tam Scobbies. Not Danny Swansons.

This tackle as well. His own Tam Forsyth moment.
V5cqHXC.thumb.jpg.1d3f50cfcbc1ae30661164f634823d54.jpg

Favourite Scobbie moment was him turning in a wing wizard during the come back against Celtic after the split.

I'm not used to all this positivity coming from the club about the summer business. It's unsettling.

The ginger prince has extended his contract for a further two years. 
:wub:

Wonderful that means another 2 years of bemoaning missed place paces and slow play!

A few goals doesn't make it a worthwhile signing!