Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

A utility player who can play anywhere on the pitch signed up first would worry me too TBH.

I've missed your attempted wind ups Standy. You need to pop over more, although I appreciate you've other commitments in your life now.

Would Foster have been the first one you would have signed up if given the choice? Doubt it.

I'd want Foster re-signed, whether that's first or last matters very little to me.

30 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Tbf I've hoped you'd re-sign Shaughnessy ever since he was linked with us. He looks at absolute bombscare.

With no disrespect intended, he should probably be our biggest priority to re-sign (outwith Danny Swanson). I wasn't at the Dundee match, but I imagine he just had a rare off-day.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Jumping on a typo, such witty banter.

It's the PnB way........at least you're not bothered though.

Anyway, Shaughnessy has been an excellent signing in general. Although he's not quite reached the level of last season tbf. He's also had a couple of poor showings at Dens in particular.

Foster would be one of my top priorities based on form this season. He's been a great signing for us. 

Swanson, Shaughnessy, Easton, Maclean and Foster would be the top 5 priorities on the basis of what I've seen this season.

Millar, Craig and Spoony should be offered something too imo.

Mannus and Scobbie are obviously important members of the squad, but I don't think they've done enough to earn a contract offer yet. Both will be reasonably high earners and I'd wonder what else was out there for less than they're on. 

Good to see Tommy Wright embracing the farmer stereotype and looking like Zak Dingle on the STV news tonight. 

It's for charity m8. Even bullies care sometimes.

I reckon we could be coming to the end of St Johnstone's golden era. If these players do leave - will Steve Brown allow Tommy Wright to recruit replacements or will he be as tightfisted as ever?

When Geoff was in charge you got the feeling that his greed was just the sign of a good businessman looking for value for money, with Steve I get the impression that he just doesn't like parting with cash.

Reminiscent of us under McCall. Ian Baraclough will be running the show at McDiarmid by this time next year imo.

Reminiscent of us under McCall. Ian Baraclough will be running the show at McDiarmid by this time next year imo.

I'd argue we've already had our Baraclough in Lomas. If he hadn't been poached then he'd likely have dragged us down the way, seeing as we're abysmal for 2/3rds of his season.

Excellent news. Wish the club would just get the deals over the line. We managed to get everything done really early last year, which created a good deal of stability for the run in. No idea why they've been so tardy this year.