Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

31 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

The boy is a fucking carthorse and should never have been allowed to play for St Johnstone. Sums it up fairly imo.

31 minutes ago, SaintDougie said:

Nope, from what I can remember 1 goal, 1 assist. Really struggled at Prem level, looked clueless most of the time.

Yeah didn't expect glowing feedback looking at the stats.

He had a slow start with us but once he started scoring regularly, he was like a different player so hopefully he has an immediate impact and the step down might just allow that. Very much a confidence player and i have every confidence that McKinnon can get the best out of him!

Cheers for the feedback.

34 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

The boy is a fucking carthorse and should never have been allowed to play for St Johnstone. Sums it up fairly imo.

A bit angry today Thomas. Is the lack of signings and pish strips getting to you?  

Calm down, put the computer away and watch the Argie’s go through in the World Cup. 

9 minutes ago, madton said:

He had a slow start with us but once he started scoring regularly, he was like a different player so hopefully he has an immediate impact and the step down might just allow that. Very much a confidence player and i have every confidence that McKinnon can get the best out of him!

Cheers for the feedback.

Think he was marginally more effective away from home (he managed 2 goals, both of which helped us get points) but he wasn't good enough for the top flight, truth being told. He's no where near as bad as some of the other diddies we've had as a 3rd/4th choice striker over the years.

He's got his strengths though - for a big guy I thought he was decent with the ball at his feet (although I felt he should've been more effective in the air) and he's not as slow as he looked either. 

I think he did well after his bedding in period at Morton and I don't see any reason why he can't be similarly effective this time round for you. I doubt he'll lift any trees though.

Edited by Kyle

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Think he was marginally more effective away from home (he managed 2 goals, both of which helped us get points) but he wasn't good enough for the top flight, truth being told. He's no where near as bad as some of the other diddies we've had as a 3rd/4th choice striker over the years.

He's got his strengths though - for a big guy I thought he was decent with the ball at his feet (although I felt he should've been more effective in the air) and he's not as slow as he looked either. 

I think he did well after his bedding in period at Morton and I don't see any reason why he can't be similarly effective this time round for you. I doubt he'll lift any trees though.

I agree with this summary. When fully fit, he'll do okay for Greenock.

20 minutes ago, madton said:

Cheers for the feedback.

He wasn't a good lone striker in our system, and he played in a team who struggled as a group to create anything, we've had much worse up front though. 

Wouldn't have wanted him as a starter but I'd have understood if we'd signed him as back up. 

Ooft, short memories lads. "Denny fucking Johnstone" or "that fucking carthorse" was the go to phrase when Tommy decided the game needed a shitier player than Graham fucking Cummins.

35 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

A bit angry today Thomas. Is the lack of signings and pish strips getting to you?  

Calm down, put the computer away and watch the Argie’s go through in the World Cup. 

I'm always angry Yenitit. Computer? Have smartphones not reached Dundee yet?

33 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Ooft, short memories lads. "Denny fucking Johnstone" or "that fucking carthorse" was the go to phrase when Tommy decided the game needed a shitier player than Graham fucking Cummins.

I didn’t think you’d have a smartphone. 

Edited by Yenitit

4 hours ago, madton said:

Big Denny Johnatone has signed for us again.

We obviously know him well from his time with us and he was impressive but seems to have struggled since he left , not scoring many goals at all.

Was he still decent for you lot despite the lack of goals?

Hopefully a step down will allow him to kick on again. He scored 17 goals for us in 2015-2016 so if he can get back to that form,  could be another great signing.

He was pretty  gash.Having said that you couldn't fault him for lack of effort,he just lacked the quality to play at this level.

FFS Tam. Smart fucking anything hasn't reached Coagieland yet.

3 hours ago, The Marly said:

FFS Tam. Smart fucking anything hasn't reached Coagieland yet.

Give it another 5 years and sambas may be back in, a few Utility boys will be smart as f**k then.

On a serious note we could spot the fuckers miles off when they came through shopping at Valentinos or Kennedys back in they day and they quite rightly got smashed, 5 foot 5, moustached samba wearing c***s.