Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

I think you're getting grassing and lying confused. No-one is saying Wright is lying or that McCann is innocent - they're saying Tommy is a fat grass because he went straight to the ref after the game. Wright has admitted this himself. 

So Dee Man every time that Fud MaCann  whinges at the ref/fourth official about an incident on the park is he a wee annoying  "grassing" c**t as well  ?   

16 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I think you're getting grassing and lying confused. No-one is saying Wright is lying or that McCann is innocent - they're saying Tommy is a fat grass because he went straight to the ref after the game. Wright has admitted this himself. 

So Wright is a grass and McCann is a liar.  That's cleared that up.  As Trackdaybob says - we can all now move on.

Edited by Jake

Anderson confirming he's one of the senior players with an option of another year

You’d imagine Davidson has to be the other on then. It’s not likely to be Millar based on the reduced contract and lack of perceived appearances this season and I doubt it’s Alston who joined on a 2 year deal in a new league when he joined.

4 hours ago, mizfit said:

In other news, 11 years ago today I developed an irrational hatred of Gretna.

Nothing irrational about it. My hatred came much sooner than yours though! 

Nothing irrational about it. My hatred came much sooner than yours though! 

Oh beforehand my hatred was for the Football club.

Now it’s everything to do with the general area itself.

With hindsight the Gretna defeat may well have been the best thing that happened to us! Had we gone up, I doubt we would have signed McInnes as a top division player and the chain of events that's lead to our successful decade may not have happened. At least that's what I've been convincing myself with. :unsure:

Thought Willock did alright again. Had quiet spells but in the first quarter especially was bright. That apart, maybe not many individual showings but we defended pretty well as a unit and didn't look in any real danger at any point prior to a hopeful punt into the box in the dying minutes.

We're hamstrung by the absent players so there was a disjointed feel to a lot of our play but you have to allow for that. Hopefully Davidson, Millar, Scougall and McMillan will come back into contention for the last few games.

15 minutes ago, The Woolshed said:

Any positives from today in terms of performance? And any word on contract renewals*?

* I’m only bothered about Muzz

Willock was very good, used his attributes well for once. Williams looks completely class, but has a real aversion to shooting when he's got the chance. 

John Robertson looks pretty exciting. 

Any rumblings on pre contract discussions? There has to be lower league Scottish players that would strengthen us. I’m not au fait with who is out of contract but surely there’s a few in the championship who we could tempt that would enhance the squad.

1 minute ago, The Woolshed said:

Any rumblings on pre contract discussions? There has to be lower league Scottish players that would strengthen us. I’m not au fait with who is out of contract but surely there’s a few in the championship who we could tempt that would enhance the squad.

Theres very little quality there. Best you can find are the likes of Craig Sibbald, who despite the hype never looked any better than Alston. 

Theres a couple of squad fillers like Joe Thomson who'd add something. Real gold is down South or with relegated teams like County 

I don't see it with Williams yet. So much seemed to bounce off him, especially early on. Appreciate he's not a striker. I'm wary of paying big wages to another player that doesn't score or create goals. Window dressing doesn't keep you up.