Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I’m no fan of his but I’ve got a feeling Moussa will finally score a goal from open play in this one.  If he can’t score against the Saintees it’s time for him to retire.

Listen ya old codger, this is the St Johnstone thread not the match thread. Take yer tablets or whatever you old senile c***s do.

Listen ya old codger, this is the St Johnstone thread not the match thread. Take yer tablets or whatever you old senile c***s do.

Lay off him Tam, he’s struggling the now because he’s right at the back of the waiting list for his double hip replacement.

7 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

:lol: Yeh apologies for that.  As soon as I posted I noticed it was in the wrong thread. Trust you to notice it before I worked out how to delete it :lol:.  Might just hang around in here though and have a nosey.

Edited by Shadow Play

In January, when you lot were wanting to offload Blair Alston, I said I'd take a punt on him. He was top notch today. He might only turn up against Dundee but he controlled the game today. Millar was your defensive rock that bullied us, and Alston flourished as a result.

I'm still not convinced he deserves a new contract. He's only played like that twice this season that I can recall. 

Plays like that every week he'd be a cast iron starter. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm still not convinced he deserves a new contract. He's only played like that twice this season that I can recall. 

Plays like that every week he'd be a cast iron starter. 

I wouldn't imagine he's one of your top earners tbf. I'd take him in a heartbeat tbh.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

I wouldn't imagine he's one of your top earners tbf. I'd take him in a heartbeat tbh.

In a same manner I'd happily take Leitch-Smith from you lot. Barely seeing a player is a dodgy way of judging them, watch our game with Killie on Alba, and you'll see Alstons flaws. 

Fwiw he's outperforming Wotherspoon this season and I'm not going to be heartbroken if he gets a new contract, it's just he's nowhere near consistent enough, or strong enough defensively, to play wide for a top half side. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

In a same manner I'd happily take Leitch-Smith from you lot. Barely seeing a player is a dodgy way of judging them, watch our game with Killie on Alba, and you'll see Alstons flaws. 

Fwiw he's outperforming Wotherspoon this season and I'm not going to be heartbroken if he gets a new contract, it's just he's nowhere near consistent enough, or strong enough defensively, to play wide for a top half side. 

I reckon AJLS would thrive in your side. He's absolutely anonymous unless putting the ball in the back of the net (I'd guess that's your point), he's like a poor mans Paul Heffernan, but the style that Tommy plays, I'd say you could do worse tbh.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

I reckon AJLS would thrive in your side. He's absolutely anonymous unless putting the ball in the back of the net (I'd guess that's your point), he's like a poor mans Paul Heffernan, but the style that Tommy plays, I'd say you could do worse tbh.

I reckon he'd be a decent replacement for MacLean, beside Kane. But again, that's because I barely see his flaws, and even when playing against us I barely pay attention to him until he rifles on in. 

25 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

In January, when you lot were wanting to offload Blair Alston, I said I'd take a punt on him. He was top notch today. He might only turn up against Dundee but he controlled the game today. Millar was your defensive rock that bullied us, and Alston flourished as a result.

He'd maybe do a job in the championship again right enough.

Edited by The Saintee

1 minute ago, The Saintee said:

He'd maybe a job in the championship again right enough.

I know you were trying to have a snide wee pop at the Dundee fan, but at least make it readable FFS.