Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

13 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:
14 hours ago, PauloPerth said:
Yes i wouldn't be adverse to seeing Tanser given a chance if he's been told to toughen up a bit. Plenty of weights and a diet of red meat should do the trick, as long as he doesn't have an averse reaction.

Averse

Yes that's what I said.  I hope he doesn't have an averse reaction.

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

Big if, but if we win on Tuesday night, and killie and hearts draw, are we allowed to start talking about top six??!!!

Nah. We're going down, turning part-time and probably out of business soon no matter what.

I think we'd need 5 wins to make the top six from Rangers, Accies, Motherwell and Hibs at home, and Killie, Dundee and Aberdeen away.

It would need to be an incredible run. I'd settle for 3 wins before the split which would effectively guarantee safety.

Can't see us making top six, not when Killie are the team we're against for it. Motherwell more than capable of grinding results aswell. 

I'd be delighted with us coasting to eighth tbh. As long as we can just relax after the split. 

12 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Ideally we’d be safe and we get to condemn someone else after the split 

I could see a lot of perverse pleasure in being safe but week after week beating a team fighting relegation to drop them further in it. But we need a good few results prior to the split to ensure we're not involved ourselves to be able to sit back and enjoy the ride.

In terms of making top six, I was probably looking more at Hearts as catchable with our two games in hand. This midweek its killie v Hearts and Motherwell v Aberdeen, so should we beat Rangers, and hearts and Motherwell both lose, then if we win our two games in hand we're above both.

Very unlikely, but it does show how quickly our season could change considerably... for better or for worse!

Hearts and Killie will both reach 44/45 points. The former are unbeaten at Tynecastle and still have three home games pre-split. Kilmarnock's form speaks for itself.

The only way we'll reach the top six is winning at least 5 matches. I really don't think the focus should shift from what is below us. Saints yesterday showed a hunger and urgency that can often be missing against the weaker sides and was that because the gravity of our situation finally dawned? They've shown what they are about in the last couple of matches and need to follow that up next weekend, whatever happens on Tuesday.

4 hours ago, Radford said:

Hearts and Killie will both reach 44/45 points. The former are unbeaten at Tynecastle and still have three home games pre-split. Kilmarnock's form speaks for itself.

The only way we'll reach the top six is winning at least 5 matches. I really don't think the focus should shift from what is below us. Saints yesterday showed a hunger and urgency that can often be missing against the weaker sides and was that because the gravity of our situation finally dawned? They've shown what they are about in the last couple of matches and need to follow that up next weekend, whatever happens on Tuesday.

Yes, agree we're not out of bother completely yet. And we'd need a big loss of form for Hearts to open the door for us.  But the last two games have seen a big improvement in Saints, with a solid defence once more to build upon. I'm not sure whether it was the gravity of the situation dawning yesterday as much as us taking a lot of confidence from the previous week, being up against a very poor County side, and the correct team selection. Not losing a silly early goal at last gave us a chance to grow into the game rather than having to chase it from early doors.

I'd be looking to get something from Tuesday night. We usually do okay against the better sides as has been mentioned, and it would keep a bit of momentum going. We did beat them comfortably in December, though they seem to have improved since then.

It's Tayside's big two in the same way Barcelona and Espanyol are Barcelona's big two. It's been ten years since Dundee finished above Saints, and I would be extremely surprised if Saints aren't well clear by the split. Very worrying times up Dens way.

Can’t argue with much of that except -

IMG_0675.jpg

Worrying times at the Steading too.

Yes, the two points difference between the clubs is a gulf, much like that one point above us you were last weekend that seen a raft of Dundee fans claiming that was us doomed

Strange bunch. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes, the two points difference between the clubs is a gulf, much like that one point above us you were last weekend that seen a raft of Dundee fans claiming that was us doomed

Strange bunch. 

They don't care though. Saints are irrelevant etc.

1 minute ago, The Saintee said:

They don't care though. Saints are irrelevant etc.

Get the feeling Fifespud would be making celebratory t-shirts if they finish above us tbh.