Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

10 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Funny because the well known Saints posters and the well known Hamilton fans seem to have had a temporary lapse in their Dundee thread obsession. You and Happy*** are posting tonight - just not on the Dundee threads, very strange.

Curious as to how this post has been edited.

even more curious to see its been edited by tynieness.

3 is the magic number spud. You'd be ecstatic if you finished 3rd bottom.

As would you.

I said at the start of the season that I'd be be happy with 10th as McCann had a lot of Hartley's dead wood to get rid of.

Even since then the priority is to for me was for us to avoid the dreaded automatic and relegation of spot as I feel that we (like most of the other bottom 6 teams) are more than capable of beating the Championship in teams - especially with the inbuilt advantage of the play-off game structure.

Saints must surely be hoping to do at least better than 10th but if you are leaking goals and not scoring (as we have been doing) then confidence drops and it's hard to get back on the rails.

If you get a couple of wins I think you'll be be safe - it's just where will you get them - I would have thought it the County and Accies games would be good opportunities.

5 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

As would you.

I said at the start of the season that I'd be be happy with 10th as McCann had a lot of Hartley's dead wood to get rid of.

Even since then the priority is to for me was for us to avoid the dreaded automatic and relegation of spot as I feel that we (like most of the other bottom 6 teams) are more than capable of beating the Championship in teams - especially when with the inbuilt advantage of the play-off game structure.

Saints must surely be hoping to do at least better than 10th but if you are leaking goals and not scoring (as we have been doing) then confidence drops and it's hard to get back on the rails.

If you get a couple of wins I think you'll be be safe - it's just where will you get them - I would have thought it the County and Accies games would be good opportunities.

We've got Accies to play twice, County to play twice, you lot to play twice, and Thistle to play. 

If we can win 3 of those, we'd stand a decent chance of avoiding 12th as that gives us 35 points. 

Problem is winning those games. I think us shipping goals will be easy to resolve once we get folk scoring again, as it is we're not scoring, defence get put under pressure, confidence is sapped and they make mistakes. 

1 hour ago, Old Pack said:

Any of the bottom 6 could be going down.

I don't think Motherwell are in any danger. A couple of wins would see them safe and they are too good a side not to manage that. The bottom five are all in the battle though.

There are a two main things Saints need to resolve, in addition to getting some important players back fit, and both are linked; we need to stop this habit of conceding (cheap) early goals/get the first goal ourselves.

We've only opened the scoring in 3 of our last 20 games against Premiership opposition. The lack of goals generally is tied into that as it's harder to score when the opposition have something to cling onto. We've picked up points in all 8 matches where we've scored first, showing how vital it is for us.

43 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

The  performance of Williams today may end up being a more significant pointer to our final league position than the score.

True, although I hope that Saints fans won't jump to conclusions if he puts in a below-par performance against the best team in the country (especially if it's another poor team performance in general). Next week's Ross County match may be a better indicator of what he could provide for us.

True, although I hope that Saints fans won't jump to conclusions if he puts in a below-par performance against the best team in the country (especially if it's another poor team performance in general). Next week's Ross County match may be a better indicator of what he could provide for us.

George Williams is a cross between Mehdi Abeid and Danny Swanson, he is the messiah!

8 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Well played on the point, not really enough though. GIRFUY.

We sit one point behind you with two games in hand, you're genuinely a moron.

You can't score any goals - you could have 10 fucking games in hand and it wouldn't matter.

We could not score in either of our games in hand and be ahead of you. So how’s that relevant? [emoji23]

More importantly how shit does that make your team?