Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Paton's definitely been playing a lot of the half just in front of the defence, but I can't decipher much else! On a related note, Pates has actually looked ok. We've passed it around reasonably well but there's no real cutting edge. Classic friendly.

Assume the line up yesterday is what we'll see next Saturday against Elgin, barring any injuries. The diamond midfield is something we've tried before, and its not something I've ever been sold on tbh. Imagine the 4-4-2 is here to stay for the majority of games though.

Depending on what time i finish work I might drive through since its close and can park in the shopping centre at that time easily enough.

Liked Alston through the middle in the second half last night. I know he mainly played on the right for Falkirk but I thought he looked a bit boxed in there and was much more free in the centre. It'll be interesting to see where he establishes himself in the team.

Clark

Watson
Joe
Ando
Easton

Alston
Paton
Craig
Swanson

Maclean
Cummins

For tomorrow i think. Reckon Alston could be a star while ive a funny feeling about Coulson for some reason.

26 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Bump. This time tomorrow we'll no doubt be getting ready or on our way. Everyone excited? What team do you expect to see line up? Who do you expect to be our star performers? Canny fucking wait...

This time tomorrow we'll be having Luncheon Al fresco in Aviemore, washed down with a couple of glasses of Pimms, or something to that ilk.

Thanks to Scotrail, our boozy away day on the train has turned more or less into a Middle class day out with a game of the association squeezed in the middle

Hmm, what, what

My love for Swanson is reaching unnatural levels. If hes fully fit and firing, and today it sounds like he is, he could a massive player for us

Just now, Fife Saint said:

Good for the lead strikers to get off the mark too. Open top bus for when we win this league?

Due to our new sponsorship it'll likely be a fleet of mid-range convertibles. 

I suppose we'll find out soon enough though, as our first team shits on every other side in Britain. 

36 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Does Pates guaranteed starter clause not count in the League Cup?

It must be excluded. He's starting tonight against Bradford though, so it must count for second string friendlies.