Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm changing my guess from Calum McFadzen to Jason Banton. 

i cant believe we've released the best scottish winger of all time in craig thomson to get someone of that standard

Tommy out...

sorry im getting withdrawal symptoms from not seeing the saints fb banter page for so long

Damn tootin' Tam. 

We're never going to be able to afford players above a certain level in England, so we have to be creative and find players not on the radar of other clubs.

Our manager has often managed to get a group of players to overachieve so not having a great career to date is no reason to write them off. It could be argued he's the sole reason Swanson, O'Halloran and May won the moves they did.

If they're young and unproven, they'll hopefully be hungry enough to show what they can do and earn a bigger move in future, making us a bit of cash along the way.

12 hours ago, Radford said:

Watching Morocco yesterday, was reminded of Saints' attempts to sign Abdeljalil Hadda, one of the goalscorers against Scotland, after the 1998 World Cup. He ended up going to to Sporting Gijon.

Wonder if the chairman and manager will be looking at any players in Russia...

Hopefully not that Spanish 'keeper - he looks really fucking dodgy.

13 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Early optimism over Bobson Bawling may be misplaced however, as apparently he signed for Torquay in May.

Couldn’t even let us dream for a few days. :( 

25 minutes ago, Old Pack said:

When was the last time Dundee or United finish above Saints in the SPFL ?

While sharing a division or just in general? 

3 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Decent move for him to be fair, Tommy looks like he’s got his arse firmly planted on the Perthshire sofa, and even at that there’s no guarantee the job would go to Callum if Tommy does move on. Money talks. 

Not that I imagine, or hope, that managing St Johnstone is the pinnacle of Davidson's ambitions but going to Stoke City doesn't alter his chances of getting that job. If anything, it improves them, if he wants it down the line.

They've been a successful pairing so not great to see them broken up and certainly going to be interesting to see who TW turns to. A fresh face could give the place a lift.

Bit out of nowhere that. Absolutely no idea what sort of impact he had within the coaching staff so clueless to how much of a blow this is.

Did Alex Ferguson not regularly change assistants so he always had a fresh pair of eyes looking at the squad? We might benefit from that now. 

Dave Mackay seems the go-to suggestion and I realise it'd be a move back to full-time in football but it's giving up being his own man. Paul Sheerin did it but Aberdeen are a bigger club than Saints and he'd had a good crack at it with Arbroath first.

I think I'd probably prefer a completely fresh face and the vacancy also opens up the opportunity to bring in a player/coach, which could open up some interesting possibilities. The obvious one at the moment will divide opinion.

Kenny Miller as part of the playing staff, and coaching staff, sounds like it could be a disaster, if all the rumours about him are true.