Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

*insert witty joke about "yer maw" saying the same thing last night*

:lol:

Tommy The Grass was quoted in the local press in the last couple of weeks saying he was “running out of ideas”. The signing of the rotund winger Drey something or other plus the resulting weeks of nothing looks like he has. 

59 minutes ago, Radford said:

Spot on as usual. This is the root of everything; the staggering inactivity lends itself to the notion that nobody at the club is doing anything.

The lack of engagement is poor on two fronts, one is what we're seeing here and the other is it doesn't help when you are trying to sell season tickets, or shirts when they come.

Hopefully the new Ross will sort it.

This is the point I was trying to make ham fistedly earlier. The lack of updates make it look like the club is doing nothing and, given how important this summer could be for us, that’s not a great perception to put out. I was wrong to just put that onto Wright. 

The football on display at home last season wasn’t great either, so lack of positive updates and absolutely no pushing of season tickets is only going to result  in a big drop in sales. 

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

C'mon now we both know that Taysides top manager, as well as Taysides top club do not run out of ideas, especially in fucking June :lol:

Run along and play with your mates while the weather's good, off you go.

Come on now Thomas. As I’ve already posted The Grass will be waiting on the big club’s like Forest Green Rovers getting their pick 1st then Terry’s bitch will get his go. 

Just now, Yenitit said:

Come on now Thomas. As I’ve already posted The Grass will be waiting on the big club’s like Forest Green Rovers getting their pick 1st then Terry’s bitch will get his go. 

Who've Dundee signed so far? I've not kept up to date, enlighten us all.

We seemingly never offered the boy who signed for Forest Green a deal. Read into this what you want.

2 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

The biggest element missing in the Saints PR Department is the Saints PR Department.

That is undoubtedly true as well!

What @Kyle just said reinforced his own point too, he put it onto the manager because the support are tarring everyone by association.

The reality is that the club will probably on one hand have a list of targets that they've expressed an interest in but on the other, the manager admitted that the way the squad is, he feels he can hold on and see what becomes available down the line. He has the experience in the game to only do that if he knows it can bear fruit.

We don't need to (and clearly shouldn't) be told about targets but a simple paragraph through the media or official channels quells all this. Of course, the retort will be that they don't need to tell us anything and plenty won't be bothered in the slightest with the impression of a hibernating bear but a short piece on the official website doesn't impact those fans, it does though please/shut up/engage another chunk of the support, so there are no negatives to doing so.

We have a situation where it looks like we're going to Austria for pre-season but nobody is certain. Maybe they are still firming details up but even then there is enough in it to put a short piece out.

7 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

We seemingly never offered the boy who signed for Forest Green a deal. Read into this what you want.

At least one player two,yes two levels below our new signing,so I for one am worried 

5 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I know and you know who the big team have signed so there’s not much point in going into that. 

We both know that the Rovers got picked over the Saintees.....

How’s your strip launch and season ticket sales drive going? Maybe Drey’s XXL tap hasnae arrived yet and that’s the hold up or Gowser was planned to unveil it after you’s were going to sign him :whistle

9 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

:lol:

Code for he's shite so let's not go there.

Not true. 

Anyway I think the big team will improve again on last season and the Saintees will regress further, what’s your thoughts?

Edited by Yenitit

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I think you may improve but not enough to overtake the best team in our area.

I’m sure when Tommy rerurns from his 4 week jolly he’ll have scouted some quality signings from the World Cup.