Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

30 minutes ago, The Marly said:
1 hour ago, Kyle said:
For a month? 

Why not? He works pretty much all the rest of the year. Guy deserves more respect from Saints fans. Judge him and Broon after the window closes. The knicker wetting going on just now is ridiculous.

They’ll be the first ones to moan about season ticket sales and lack of budget yet have done absolutely nothing in terms of good will and positivity to try and build the sales up. 

Im not panicking about lack of signings - it’s the middle of June not August - but the apparent lack of action at the club is a tad concerning. It would be easily remedied by just putting something out in the courier. Even they seem to have run out of padding stories and are just running stuff they’re seeing on Twitter. 

Edited by Kyle

Wright's more than welcome to a holiday, that's his perogative. If he has a month off then comes back and mewls that all his targets have moved on, he's unlikely to get any sympathy from me this year.  I don't imagine managers at the very top take very many breaks. 

In response to the inevitable reply, I know TW doesn't have to be there when we're signing players, but it surely can play a part if the player and manager manage to hit it off. 

Honestly wouldn't shock me if we sign some absolute fucking dross from the Championship. You can just tell this Summer will be a complete clusterfuck and we'll end up continuing this descent down the league table. 
Looking at the clubs about us and you see Motherwell signing strikers, Dundee making six figure bids for promising youngsters and Hamilton making impressive defensive signings. 
We've signed a right winger from League Two and still have glaring deficiencies in the squad that the manager doesn't even acknowledge. 
You've got a glaring deficiency in your head that you refuse to acknowledge.

Just now, ali_91 said:

Managers at the very top get paid millions a year fs. 

And? That shouldn't automatically make them act differently. 

As I say, if he wants to go away for a month, during the summer break, he can. He can't however, start blaming everyone else if something fails to materialise when he's not here, especially when he knows what Steve Browns like with transfers. 

Aye I’ve made an arse of this lads. I’m frustrated with the lack if information from the club right now  generally and lack of input from the manager is part of that, but he doesn’t deserve it both barrels. 

I’d like some news all the same! 

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Aye I’ve made an arse of this lads. I’m frustrated with the lack if information from the club right now  generally and lack of input from the manager is part of that, but he doesn’t deserve it both barrels. 

I’d like some news all the same! 

Shitebag. 

1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

It’s completely unrealistic to expect someone on 2 grand a week to act like someone on 200 grand a week

Why? 

Why? 

It’s called a work/life balance. Wright doesn’t get paid enough to devote every second of his life to saints and not should he. He does his job requirement and probably more, he’s completely entitled to have time off.

Were he on millions sure you’d expect more from him, but he’s not difference to anybody else who works and gets annual leave like everyone else.

4 minutes ago, Widge said:

It’s called a work/life balance. Wright doesn’t get paid enough to devote every second of his life to saints and not should he. He does his job requirement and probably more, he’s completely entitled to have time off.

Were he on millions sure you’d expect more from him, but he’s not difference to anybody else who works and gets annual leave like everyone else.

Maybe. I still don't think a football manager these days can take a month off in the Summer at our level and expect everything to be fine 

Maybe. I still don't think a football manager these days can take a month off in the Summer at our level and expect everything to be fine 

I agree and you know fine well that’s not what’s happened. You’re just looking for a chance to scare monger and moan and frankly there is no need.

I’d rather we take our time and identify players rather than take the first shite we find. Cause I can assure you, you’d be the first to moan and bleat if we sign some diddy and announce it tomorrow just because he was available and we didn’t have to wait for better to come along.

17 minutes ago, Widge said:

I agree and you know fine well that’s not what’s happened. You’re just looking for a chance to scare monger and moan and frankly there is no need.

I’d rather we take our time and identify players rather than take the first shite we find. Cause I can assure you, you’d be the first to moan and bleat if we sign some diddy and announce it tomorrow just because he was available and we didn’t have to wait for better to come along.

Aye, but generally the "shite players" are the players you're still identifying and making moves for in June/July. 

There is some utter shite being talked on here.. Football Managers do go on holiday but are in constant contact(via phone)during their break..They identify targets but do not do the contract negotiations.So With the players on holiday and no negotiating to be done what exactly is it that you want him to do ??

Aye, but generally the "shite players" are the players you're still identifying and making moves for in June/July. 

So what exactly do you want here? Cause I don’t think it matters at all what saints or Wright do, you’re just being negative for the sake of it and frankly it’s getting boring year on year. Do we know what or who we’re trying to sign, no. Is that a bad thing, no.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

So come on Randy lets say that Tommy is in his office in McD just now,what do you think he should be doing right now as we speak ??

14 minutes ago, Widge said:

So what exactly do you want here? Cause I don’t think it matters at all what saints or Wright do, you’re just being negative for the sake of it and frankly it’s getting boring year on year. Do we know what or who we’re trying to sign, no. Is that a bad thing, no.

I'd like him to stop greeting about not getting the signings he wants after he takes a month of the year off, tbh. Steve Browns get portrayed by plenty on here as some villain who single handedly prevents him signing top targets, but they're as liable as each other. 

Robert Thomsons confirmed Swanson told TW he wanted to extend his contract months before Hibs made an approach, yet we still didn't approach his agent until after he'd signed for Hibs. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd like him to stop greeting about not getting the signings he wants after he takes a month of the year off, tbh. Steve Browns get portrayed by plenty on here as some villain who single handedly prevents him signing top targets, but they're as liable as each other. 

Robert Thomsons confirmed Swanson told TW he wanted to extend his contract months before Hibs made an approach, yet we still didn't approach his agent until after he'd signed for Hibs. 

What would have been the point in approaching his agent after he had signed for them..And do you not remember him saying that a close friend had died around Christmas time and that was had made up his mind to sign for Hibs ??