Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

That's yer George Williams signed for Forest green rovers then.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Bottom 5 of League 2 last year. They’re either paying him a small fortune or he had nothing better, including us. He’s got more than enough ability to play higher than that though.

I’d have liked to sign him, but not massively upset. He never really found a position in our team.

8 minutes ago, Super_J said:

That's yer George Williams signed for Forest green rovers then.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Pie and Bovril mobile app

The Ross County of England's lower leagues. Wage bill last season was over £2m.

A sad confirmation we can't compete financially with clubs down south. 

I was never sold on Williams and I think signing him would have been a case of settling for. I think we need to try and find a player that will have a more discernible impact on the team. He was young though.

How much the manager wanted him will be interesting though. Could finally see the silence broken if the manager gives the chairman both barrels!

15 minutes ago, Radford said:

I was never sold on Williams and I think signing him would have been a case of settling for. I think we need to try and find a player that will have a more discernible impact on the team. He was young though.

How much the manager wanted him will be interesting though. Could finally see the silence broken if the manager gives the chairman both barrels!

Our last game of last season was the 12th of may and I think Tommy gave an interview the week following that match. It’s now the 12th of June and we’re nearly a month without any team related news from the club, aside from the new contracts of Tanser, Anderson and Hurst which were clearly held back to fill the period where we’ve had no news. 

Cant be many clubs - part-time or full-time - who have had so little output from their clubs. It’s becoming a farce. 

Edit: Williams was a good player but not a player I’m devastated to miss out on. If we sign some pish like Cardle I’ll be pretty annoyed right enough. 

Edited by Kyle

Just now, The Real Saints said:

Swanson or Habran, please.

Also heard that we'll shortly be announcing the arrival of former Liverpool and Ross County striker David N'Gog.

I FMd Habran the other day and he's in Belgium now, can't see him being realistic. 

Swanson will be at Hibs next season. 

Big worry here is we've maybe spent the past few months focusing on Williams, and maybe missing out on others, although that's just RG speculation. 

Our last game of last season was the 12th of may and I think Tommy gave an interview the week following that match. It’s now the 12th of June and we’re nearly a month without any team related news from the club, aside from the new contracts of Tanser, Anderson and Hurst which were clearly held back to fill the period where we’ve had no news. 
Cant be many clubs - part-time or full-time - who have had so little output from their clubs. It’s becoming a farce. 
Edit: Williams was a good player but not a player I’m devastated to miss out on. If we sign some pish like Cardle I’ll be pretty annoyed right enough. 
Did I imagine the club announcing the signing of Drey Wright?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Only reaffirms how little we appeal to players. Often had this debate with fellow Saints fans who bleat "were a consistent top 6 side". Lets face it, players couldn't give a f**k about that. All about money. 

People will blame Tommy, more will blame Brown but the reality is we simply cannot complete financially and are not an appealing place to come and play. 

42 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Only reaffirms how little we appeal to players. Often had this debate with fellow Saints fans who bleat "were a consistent top 6 side". Lets face it, players couldn't give a f**k about that. All about money. 

People will blame Tommy, more will blame Brown but the reality is we simply cannot complete financially and are not an appealing place to come and play. 

That is very true.

It's nice to get the opinion of a sensible St Johnnie fan.