Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Say why and post your evidence.

Because it bears the town coat of arms, which is illegal under this Lord Lyon rule. 

Just now, Tibbermoresaint said:

You better tell the club to take it off the side of the main stand, the current kit, advertising hoardings, notepaper etc then.

Someone probably should, yes. You're fine until some reports you to the Lord Lyon panel, all it would take was some bitter rival fan to do so. 

I think the modern badge circumvents it due to the border and where the wording is placed. Whereas the one you like isnt easily distinguished from Perths coat of arms. 

Someone probably should, yes. You're fine until some reports you to the Lord Lyon panel, all it would take was some bitter rival fan to do so. 
I think the modern badge circumvents it due to the border and where the wording is placed. Whereas the one you like isnt easily distinguished from Perths coat of arms. 

Hmmm. Sounds like a job for ME.

13 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

image.jpeg.4598a5b40f89557a8b55225364ac141e.jpegImage result for st johnstone football club badge

The heraldry stuff went on about crests with shields but we didn't have one. I could have understood if it was the double headed eagle they were moaning about but that has obviously remained the centre piece of the current badge.  I'd heard the cost element was why we changed and it was also at the time Jody was Chelseafying things!

Just now, 7-2 said:

image.jpeg.4598a5b40f89557a8b55225364ac141e.jpegImage result for st johnstone football club badge

The heraldry stuff went on about crests with shields but we didn't have one. I could have understood if it was the double headed eagle they were moaning about but that has obviously remained the centre piece of the current badge.  I'd heard the cost element was why we changed and it was also at the time Jody was Chelseafying things!

I was under the impression they were more likely to let you away with it if you had a clear distinction away from shields/coat of arms, and the new badge is far away enough for the man on the street to distinguish the difference.

Either way its a complete heap of shite, club badges shouldnt be affected by such an outdated law.

Worth noting teams like QOS and Morton have designs and sponsors a involved months before the season ends, and put up polls for fans to decide which strip they want. 
Seems a really simple approach to increase relations between the club and support. 

Exactly this - I don’t know why Saints wouldn’t do this. It’s universally agreed by Saints fans that we play in the wrong shade of blue and our new crest is shit.

So, time to scavenge the corpses of Thistle and County. Who you wanting? And is this Lawless rumour just a  wind up?

Exactly this - I don’t know why Saints wouldn’t do this. It’s universally agreed by Saints fans that we play in the wrong shade of blue and our new crest is shit.

Don’t say that to Alan Storrar! He and his sons took it very personally in Vilnius when I mentioned the wrong shade of blue thing.

54 minutes ago, Dev Alahan said:

Don’t say that to Alan Storrar! He and his sons took it very personally in Vilnius when I mentioned the wrong shade of blue thing.

Pity as it wasn't his fault the club chose the wrong colour again. I was told the first he saw of the saltire farce was when the strip came out. He'd asked for one above the name to echo his logo but the club just fired ahead and stuck the two on.

18 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Cerny, Doolan & Schalk from the relegated sides please.

Nah. Doolan will stay and Schalk has offers from Aberdeen and Groningen.

Boy on WAP seems convinced we've signed Lawless, though.