Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I doubt he'd reach double figures. McMillan and Kane will start as the first choices, Hendy is highly rated and looks class aswell, so realistically if the new striker isn't better than Kane/McMillan they'll be competing to be third choice

Clark is a better striker than Kane.

To be fair, you watched Clark against dross in the seaside leagues, League 1 even makes Lawrence Shankland look a good player. 

Yes, that's true. He did score 42 goals in a single season at that level though. I've also watched him play against us since, which hasn't changed my opinion.

Can’t believe that was 4 years ago. What a day and what a night. Would do a lot of disgusting things to go back to the moment I got back to #perth city centre that night. What a party. 

I remember being in Donskies and they’d ran out of clean pint glasses. Had to send someone to Tesco for plastic cups to tide them over.

10 hours ago, smpar said:

I’m confused, are the Saints fans trying to force some sort of rivalry between ourselves?

That’s Livingston levels of desperation, lads.

They try that shite with us as well. No fucker is interested.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The Courier is saying that Dundee United lead the way for Clark.

We were rumoured to  have spoken to him weeks ago, not sure if big Tam has taken it any further. Personally I hope not and by the way he's been talking it seems it's a non starter. No Clarks at McDiarmid please.

As a non-Perth resident. I ended up back in Edinburgh and got my mate out to celebrate (Caley fan) he met me at the bar and I’d ordered 4 pints and 8 jaegerbombs. [emoji23] The rest of the night was somewhat hazy and my 12pm shift the next day was started and I think ended in me being drunk!

Some party!

28 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Donskies mizfit? Fucking Donskies? I give up.

Donskies was a great pub 

Willock is going to be this window's Swanson/MOH. We'll wait until August, not get him and then sign Denny Johnstone to play as a central midfielder.

That quotes about Williams?

In Williams case, Fulham haven’t finished their season yet, they could still be promoted so that might be a factor in things. I would expect them to have formally announced renewals and contract offers yet because of this.

In Williams case, Fulham haven’t finished their season yet, they could still be promoted so that might be a factor in things. I would expect them to have formally announced renewals and contract offers yet because of this.

Edit - never mind don’t know how Twitter works and found it!

3 minutes ago, Widge said:

Williams is more in our hands. I can't see Fulham renewing his contract regardless of the league they're playing in as he seems well out of the picture there. It'll be down to whether Williams gets any better offers from League one clubs I'd imagine, or if he values more football at this stage in his career over money.

If we do end up getting Williams and Willock back, we could be looking at a summer where our only new players are Wright and whoever the back up goalie is. Not quite the clear out and regeneration that I think most were expecting.

Williams is more in our hands. I can't see Fulham renewing his contract regardless of the league they're playing in as he seems well out of the picture there. It'll be down to whether Williams gets any better offers from League one clubs I'd imagine, or if he values more football at this stage in his career over money.
If we do end up getting Williams and Willock back, we could be looking at a summer where our only new players are Wright and whoever the back up goalie is. Not quite the clear out and regeneration that I think most were expecting.

The clear out started in January to be fair. We shifted out Cummins and Paton. Brought in McMillan and the loanees (who have added to the squad and may well be made permanent).

I think we’ll still be looking for a striker irrespective of signings. If you look at the injuries as well, the likes of Easton and Hendry might prove to be like new signings. We’ve been missing Scougall for the next part of 4 months or so and have been playing better recently. It depends how we want to set up next season, knowing Tommy we’ll go back to 4-4-2, Scougall out on the right and Williams on the left. Which would be a disaster.