Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Considering the amount of shite signings we've apparently made over the past few years, we've not done too badly. I'm fairly certain Dundee fans would've laughed when we signed O'Halloran the first time. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

14 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

14 (fourteen) years ago, in 2003/2004 season they actually managed such a feat, albeit they were in a higher league. An absolute Perthshire minter for all concerned that year, I’m sure you agree. #starkmustgo 

And Stark did go. For such a wee club we cast some fucking shadow.

Eta, I also fucking love that gif Paulo, favourite of the last 2 weeks on here and the more it's posted the better.

Edited by tree house tam

Thats now 10 successive seasons St Johnstone have finished above Dundee.  And I'm not sure whether Partick Thistle have ever finished above us .. ??            

giphy.gif

Mind the 2004/05 season when we absolutely terrible, the worst I’ve personally ever seen us? Utter dross like Jordan Tait, Lee Hardy and Stephen McConalogue turning out for us. Surely Thistle finished above us that season?

There’s certainly no danger they lost twice 4-0 at home against that team. That’s entirely made up.

53 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

And Stark did go. For such a wee club we cast some fucking shadow.

Eta, I also fucking love that gif Paulo, favourite of the last 2 weeks on here and the more it's posted the better.

Agree, it's magnificent. I couldn't find it after seeing it on a thread elsewhere and thought she deserved an appearance on the Saints thread.

@ali_91 I was giving them benefit of the doubt and classing being in a higher division as finishing above us.  

They will probably have a celebration dinner for that team in a few years time, fantastic achievement.

12 hours ago, Widge said:

Christ your attempts at wind up and patter is worse than Tams attempts on the Dundee thread and that’s saying something.

You’re correct, that’s why the Saintees are on their 3rd  page of bites. 

Drey Wright :lol:

Edited by Yenitit

2 hours ago, The Saintee said:

We sign Dundee players like Easton and he earns a SC medal.

Dundee end up with our cast off dross like Haber and Irvine.

Haber played once against the wee Saints this season, how did that go?

Oh and he’d start for you’s every week. 

Edited by Yenitit

Do the dundee fans not see the irony in their CONSTANT protestations that Saints are not a derby?

When you search St. Johnstone on twitter its just riddled with Dundee fans going on about how Saints are nothing to them. Etc. Etc. 

It gets better though. They come on here constantly going on about how shite Saints are etc. If were shite, then there isn't a word that accurately describes them. 10 years of having a wage bill double the size of ours and they cant finish above "shite" St. Johnstone. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Do the dundee fans not see the irony in their CONSTANT protestations that Saints are not a derby?

When you search St. Johnstone on twitter its just riddled with Dundee fans going on about how Saints are nothing to them. Etc. Etc. 

It gets better though. They come on here constantly going on about how shite Saints are etc. If were shite, then there isn't a word that accurately describes them. 10 years of having a wage bill double the size of ours and they cant finish above "shite" St. Johnstone. 

Least you're not bothered.

1 minute ago, Chewing Taffies said:

How do you think you lads will do next season? Try and push into top 6? or happy surviving? 

Obviously hoping we can at least maintain our position but we've shown signs lately that we might be capable of a top 6 push again. It's looking like we'll have Anderson, Davidson and Tanser again next season and we'll hopefully at least make an attempt to keep Williams and Willock but without knowing for certain if those 5 will stay (or if the replacements are up to much) it's really hard to gauge where we actually are. Losing our 3 oldest heads might not have as big an effect on the side as we feared on the pitch, but the changing room atmosphere might suffer as a result as well.

All joking aside about Drey Wright, that's a signing that could really go either way. Colchester fans seem to be impressed by him and he played in all but 2 of their league matches last season, but he could turn out to be complete horse shite at our level. Tanser is the same age and took a while to settle but looks more than good enough so hoping that Wright will at the very least adjust to our level and be a useful option, if not a regular starter.

I can't see us going down with the squad the way it is right now, but then I'm sure the Thistle fans would've been in the same position last summer.