Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I don’t rate Murray, having watched him at United, Hibs and now Dundee, he does miss chances. For all the work rate and you cannot fault that, he doesn’t have any real ability. I’m not saying he’s not a capable player within a squad, but he’s not a player I’d want to see at saints that’s for sure. He’s like a worse version of Alex Schalk, quick, works hard and misses a few before scoring.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

What kind of chances are all the other players missing? 

They aren't getting as many chances. 

Delve into xG and you'll find Murray needs four high xG chances to score, he's actually worse than Moussa in that stat. 

Players like Steven Maclean score after two, if not better. 

Murray simply got more chances at Hibs than other players are getting. He averaged two/three high xG chances at Hibs. MacLean has averaged under one shot on goal per game this season. 

Swap teams and Murray would have half the goals he has, and MacLean more than Murray has this season. 

34 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

This is like the Dundee thread; All talk is about Dundee and it's full of Perth mutants.

Only on this thread it's Dundee fans talking about players that they think could be lost to Saints this summer..It happens to a lot of small teams when a club with a bigger budget comes calling.

Edited by Lang Toon Saintee

Only on this thread it's Dundee fans talking about players that they think could be lost to Saints this summer..It happens to a lot of small teams when a club with a bigger budget comes calling.

Confirmed Saints have a bigger budget than us. Cheers bro. 9 points from a team with a bigger budget, arise Sir Neil.

So I know someone who is best mates with him ( have mentioned this before ). So after I read this post I thought f**k it just ask the question and that figure you have gave is wrong according to his best mate.
And if anyone knows his best mate they will know the initial R.E.

I like chat and I like people telling stories. But telling porkies or making up figures is not cool.

I take it he mentioned his win bonus and goal bonus? ( not that happens much at Dundee). But this person close to him would of mentioned this I take it ?

I know you wouldn't or can't say who it is but would be cool to know who it is since he is a local lad.

I didn’t ask what the win bonus etc was. I didn’t make anything up, just what I was told and have no idea how accurate it was but it didn’t surprise me, the digger mentioned.

Plus plenty of guys who aspire to be a pro footballer would take a cut in overall wages (job + part time footballer) to have a crack at their dream.

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

I didn't say you did bud. I'm saying the person who told you has. Is why I said I was curious to know who it was who said it .
He got paid from his dad for job as a plumber so when he got offered good wages at United it wasn't a decision he made on his own.

Any chance you could ask his best mate to ask him to start scoring some more goals please?

Thank you. 

I didn't say you did bud. I'm saying the person who told you has. Is why I said I was curious to know who it was who said it .
He got paid from his dad for job as a plumber so when he got offered good wages at United it wasn't a decision he made on his own.

I’ve pm’ed you G Man.

Three "younger players" expected to agree new deals this week. Assume that's Tanser, Hendry and another. 

Senior players who've been offered deals are making "positive noises" and those with extension clauses are expected to trigger them. 

"Four or five" signings being targeted. 

All that from the Unofficial Twitter. 

http://www.thefootballlife.co.uk/post/173256050836/st-johnstone-summer-scouting-report-2018/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Enjoyed these articles so far. Not read it yet so dunno how accurate it is, but been enjoying an outsiders view of other clubs so hopefully this is the same. 

http://www.thefootballlife.co.uk/post/173256050836/st-johnstone-summer-scouting-report-2018/amp?__twitter_impression=true
Enjoyed these articles so far. Not read it yet so dunno how accurate it is, but been enjoying an outsiders view of other clubs so hopefully this is the same. 

It’s awful. Apparently we should be signing Jamie Lindsay, Prince Bauben and Zander Diamond and we’re not going to sign a striker either by the looks of it.