Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I have been told by someone close to Murray that he is on a shite basic at Hibs - less than £1000 a week. He was offered a new deal 6 weeks into the season but his head had been turned by interest from abroad so he turned it down. He’s not the brightest lad, as is well known. I’d be amazed if he’s still at Hibs next season.

He’s a real trier, has a wee bit of touch, not far off being a good SPFL Prem striker. I like the guy for his work rate but clearly you/we could do better but you could easily sign someone worse by the same token.

Was on what you say there at United. Heard he got a good rise on that from Hibs plus digs in Edinburgh, he would’ve stayed at United otherwise I reckon.

I agree with the last paragraph, think he’s been unlucky not to have a goal or two more for you.

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

I suppose it depends on the trigger. Wright mentioned that there's a couple of players that he expects to 'initiate' triggers which suggests the players involved have the option whether they want to extend their contracts or not. I suppose those triggers will be on the same terms or agreed changes at the time the initial contracts were negotiated.

FIM800966.jpg

Was on what you say there at United. Heard he got a good rise on that from Hibs plus digs in Edinburgh, he would’ve stayed at United otherwise I reckon.

I agree with the last paragraph, think he’s been unlucky not to have a goal or two more for you.

With United down in the fizzy pop division it wouldn’t surprise me if he moved for similar wages just to play for a bigger club in a bigger division.

2 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

There’s a good chance this has already been posted before and I’m not trawling to find out - but it’s a beautiful picture

IMG_2003.jpg.6197bfa3eced02e47ba0c53bd2b21108.jpg

Living with Kim has put years on Kanye. 

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

I think this is a very odd comment. He’s a proven goal scorer.

He's scored eight league goals, and scored in one game since November.. 

I have been told by someone close to Murray that he is on a shite basic at Hibs - less than £1000 a week. He was offered a new deal 6 weeks into the season but his head had been turned by interest from abroad so he turned it down. He’s not the brightest lad, as is well known. I’d be amazed if he’s still at Hibs next season.

He’s a real trier, has a wee bit of touch, not far off being a good SPFL Prem striker. I like the guy for his work rate but clearly you/we could do better but you could easily sign someone worse by the same token.
This is really believable. No way he was really (maybe something with clauses) on that at United signing from Arbroath. Footballers clearly bullshit about their wages and round things up all the time.

24 minutes ago, Widge said:

Lasted longer than his debut at least. emoji23.png

8 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

He's fucked.

I would read into this as Hendry being slightly more advanced in the fitness stakes at the minute!  McMillan gets the standard initial/first run out of 30 mins , Hendry get the standard 60 mins run out ,:whistle

He's scored eight league goals, and scored in one game since November.. 

Perhaps ‘proven’ goal scorer is pushing it but I think it’s odd for ludo to say he doesn’t rate him “at all” and he’s “not a footballer.” He obviously did well at Arbroath and well enough at United to merit a move to Hibs, scoring some quality goals for them. To think Dundee can do much better than him is actually quite laughable tbh.

Perhaps ‘proven’ goal scorer is pushing it but I think it’s odd for ludo to say he doesn’t rate him “at all” and he’s “not a footballer.” He obviously did well at Arbroath and well enough at United to merit a move to Hibs, scoring some quality goals for them. To think Dundee can do much better than him is actually quite laughable tbh.

Is it?

What's laughable about it? He done very well at Arbroath. Meh at United. Done well in the Championship. Earned a move to Hibs that was quite a surprise to most and got offloaded out.

We've better than Murray already at the club in AJLS and have had considerably better in the past such as Hemmings, Stewart. Hell, even the likes of Clarkson and Heffernan had better strike rates.

He's a nuisance that works hard. So is Sofien Moussa. Neither are very good football players though.

This is really believable. No way he was really (maybe something with clauses) on that at United signing from Arbroath. Footballers clearly bullshit about their wages and round things up all the time.

He was on 250 a week at us excluding bonuses. With a plumbers wage on top of that it would’ve hardly been worth it if it was any less.

Is it?

What's laughable about it? He done very well at Arbroath. Meh at United. Done well in the Championship. Earned a move to Hibs that was quite a surprise to most and got offloaded out.

We've better than Murray already at the club in AJLS and have had considerably better in the past such as Hemmings, Stewart. Hell, even the likes of Clarkson and Heffernan had better strike rates.

He's a nuisance that works hard. So is Sofien Moussa. Neither are very good football players though.

18 goals (3 in League cup) at United is hardly ‘meh’. Sure they’d be loving someone to come close to that this season. Top scorer in the Championship at the moment on 15 too. Stephen Dobbie.