Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Mackinnon from Accies and either Ali Crawford from Accies or Schalk from Ross County.

Won’t be MacKinnon he’s under contract. Crawford will be away to Hibs or someone like that as well, don’t particularly want him tbh. Schalk, is probably take as he’s different from our other strikers as he’s actually got pace and a bit of willingness to shoot.

20 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Ro$$ County paid more than us to get Brian Graham in. Surely we've no chance to get Schalk.

We were never that keen on Graham so I guess he was offered terms as a back-up to MacLean. I think we'd be keener to land Schalk and Ross County might not be as attractive a rival this time around.

Edited by Mr Heliums

1 hour ago, The Saintee said:

Ro$$ County paid more than us to get Brian Graham in. Surely we've no chance to get Schalk.

I was going to suggest with Countys future not yet secure they'll likely hold off offering Premiership wages to players, so it's possible to steal a march on agreeing deals for their players. 

Then I remembered we were on about Ross County. 

53 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

IMG_1974.jpg

Try to picture the Saints badge on that. Glorious.

There's a couple of options around £16 - £18 so Steve won't have ventured past the <£20 range.

8 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Get this white sleeve pish to f**k. We play in solid blue shirts.

Other than that, it would be fine.

Last of the Saints own brand tops with blue with solid white sleeves.. 

Seems odd the club would choose a shirt we shouldn't play in.. 8e82aebc-1893-4026-98c7-acf0e5718aea_large.jpg.91e93fab18cd63206bd12ddb8fc6707e.jpg

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Last of the Saints own brand tops with blue with solid white sleeves.. 

Seems odd the club would choose a shirt we shouldn't play in.. 8e82aebc-1893-4026-98c7-acf0e5718aea_large.jpg.91e93fab18cd63206bd12ddb8fc6707e.jpg

Does it?

Clubs are always messing with strips for the sake of change and to keep selling them. Cardiff owner changed their home strips from blue to red for a few seasons as he said red is a luckier colour in some eastern countries.  Wouldn't say that was right either.

Arsenal and Hibs traditionally play with different colour sleeves, we don't.

At the end of the day the club will do what they want, but personally I like our home strips to stay within a few traditional limits; solid blue shirts (obviously with different trim/ design) and white shorts.  Others may feel differently, such is life.