Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Are you lads not worried about TW's ability to replace these important players? Fair enough MacLean was pretty much done and Mannus has a ready made replacement in Clark, but still MacLean is probably still your best striker (Chris Kane maybe?) and TW clearly favours Mannus over Clark.

There was a list posted somewhere of his signings, and of the ones that were actual long term signings, TWs hit rate is actually good. It's the late, free transfer dross signings (I'm looking at you, Denny/Fallon/Morgan) that struggle. 

Clark can replace Mannus, he's not as consistent, yet, but either way he's at a stage where he needs to be first choice to improve. 

McMillan was signed to replace MacLean I think, as MacLean has suffered badly this year. It's hard to judge TWs striker signings as he's never actually signed anyone to be first choice, it's always been a signing to play second fiddle to Maclean. Kane has had a good four games but it remains to be seen if he can maintain that. Regardless, MacLean only has five league goals, a feat we should get from McMillan and Kane, plus any other striker. 

Biggest issue by far is if Murray Davidson leaves, he's a bit of a one off and I've no idea how we find a direct replacement. If he leaves I suspect we'll be changing our style a bit. We could muddle by with Craig/Wotherspoon helping out in there, but the decision to let Paton go to bring in Willock will look a bit foolish if Davidson does go, despite how low I rated Paton. 

My biggest concern this Summer is Steve Brown. There'll be a lot of wages freed up, and if he'd just release a bit more we could afford extra quality which increases the chances of a successful signing. 

tl:dr TW + Money = Good, TW + no money = bad

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Prince Buaben being released by Hearts. I mentioned to@Radford a week or two ago that he screams Tommy Wright signing and I stand by that.  I'll give it a week before we're being linked to him in the press.

Is this just a subtle way of you boasting about being mates with Radford? 

Fwiw I wouldn't mind that. We're woefully short of natural CMs once Millar goes. Muzz and Buaben, with Wotherspoon and Craig capable of stepping in, is a decent enough collection if we struggle to get an upgrade this Summer. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Is this just a subtle way of you boasting about being mates with Radford? 

It's my subtle way of trying to annoy him. He's quite anti-Prince.

I can confirm that it worked 8) 

Nuts to think the first st johnstone I ever went to was jan 2nd 2008 and Liam Craig and Steven Anderson are still going. If they 2 leave this summer it really will be the end of an era for you guys.

44 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Aww. You jealous of Kyle and his high place friend wee man? emoji24.png

It's hard not to be jealous of someone who's friends with Radford tbh

I've just been reminiscing about the numerous occasions (twice) when I chatted to Steven MacLean and Alan Mannus for the match programme interviews. I suppose this means that I'm extremely good friends with them. I mean, I wouldn't say that definitively. Well, not necessarily. I mean, that's ultimately for others to decide. 

44 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I've just been reminiscing about the numerous occasions (twice) when I chatted to Steven MacLean and Alan Mannus for the match programme interviews. I suppose this means that I'm extremely good friends with them. I mean, I wouldn't say that definitively. Well, not necessarily. I mean, that's ultimately for others to decide. 

They'll certainly not forget you, that's for sure.

Now that you are famous, I often recall that time I directed you to the toilet in the Ex-service club in Glasgow before the Cup Final. Guess that qualifies us as mates.