Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

37 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Did Coyle then release Bagan that summer? Can’t remember him playing under him. What a staggeringly pointless signing!

I couldn't remember him playing under Coyle so checked, he didn't. He wasn't released until the start of the 2005/06 season, so at least he gave him a chance!

Appointing Connolly without his backroom staff was a huge mistake but also, his approach at Palmerston had been if you throw enough shit at the wall...

I think he used about 80 players in a couple of years there, which was never going to to be an option at a full-time club like Saints. Geoff Brown didn't make many mistakes but that was a big one.

On today's news, in playing terms, more disappointed in Mannus going than MacLean, as I felt he could have played on for a few more years and is, in my eyes, our best goalkeeper.

Goes with, I imagine, everyone's best wishes as well though.

Here's on for you. Scott Wright and Derek McInnes apparently fell out in January when Wright asked to be loaned out. And he'll be available for loan this Summer is McInnes remains. 

Wright turns 21 in August. 

Would we be able to loan Wright and MOH? I'm sure it's mention you're only allowed one loan from the same division but I can't remember if under 21s count in that, or whether Wright would be classed as an U21 since he will be when the season starts. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Here's on for you. Scott Wright and Derek McInnes apparently fell out in January when Wright asked to be loaned out. And he'll be available for loan this Summer is McInnes remains. 

Would we be able to loan Wright and MOH? I'm sure it's mention you're only allowed one loan from the same division but I can't remember if under 21s count in that, or whether Wright would be classed as an U21 since he will be when the season starts. 

Not sure if Tommy will be going down the loan route next season. I can see a Ross County type signing spree.

34 minutes ago, Radford said:

On today's news, in playing terms, more disappointed in Mannus going than MacLean, as I felt he could have played on for a few more years and is, in my eyes, our best goalkeeper.

Goes with, I imagine, everyone's best wishes as well though.

I think it's probably right that Mannus goes now. Our goalkeeper transition has been going on for two full seasons, and Wright doesn't seem to have made his mind up. Boasting about having "two number ones" is all well and good but having a consistent player in that role is surely more important than any other on the park, and you have to think that if they're going to pull the trigger on zander full time then it really has to happen next season. 

Sad that another cup winner is leaving, yes, but I'd rather see him make the decision to move on now, of his own accord, and leave with his head held high, rather than watch him get relegated to the bench then released.

3 minutes ago, Stelling said:

Sad that another cup winner is leaving, yes, but I'd rather see him make the decision to move on now, of his own accord, and leave with his head held high, rather than watch him get relegated to the bench then released.

This. It's the same with MacLean and Millar leaving too. Will also be the same for me if Anderson and Davidson leave. These players have contributed so much to Saints, haven't raped the club for cash and can leave the club with heads held high.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Not sure if Tommy will be going down the loan route next season. I can see a Ross County type signing spree.

I don't think we'll see as many as this season, wouldn't be shocked if we had one though. 

Also, there's a bizarre amount of criticism aimed at Saints for "releasing" Mannus, at the moment. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sad day Random when you are asking the questions about these situations? However I thought I read somewhere that loans system was being altered next season (Mabey development loans?) so I would hazard a guess that it will be more difficult to have two players as above next season?  

27 minutes ago, Center half said:

Sad day Random when you are asking the questions about these situations? However I thought I read somewhere that loans system was being altered next season (Mabey development loans?) so I would hazard a guess that it will be more difficult to have two players as above next season?  

The news about the move to a reserve league only ever said "loan rules will be affected" without any greater detail, as far as I had read, probably missed an article somewhere. 

Rules seem to say only one loan player from the same division and doesn't differentiate any age from that rule so only one loanees. 

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The news about the move to a reserve league only ever said "loan rules will be affected" without any greater detail, as far as I had read, probably missed an article somewhere. 

Rules seem to say only one loan player from the same division and doesn't differentiate any age from that rule so only one loanees. 

Okay ! think that was what I said/read, time will tell/?

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

The limit is one loan PER CLUB in the same division, not one loan in total.

And it's u23 that's the cut off for an overage loan, not u21.  Yes you could take them both on loan provided both were for at least half a season and done before the window shuts.

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The limit is one loan PER CLUB in the same division, not one loan in total.

And it's u23 that's the cut off for an overage loan, not u21.  Yes you could take them both on loan provided both were for at least half a season and done before the window shuts.

Any idea what rules changes there'll be next season? If any. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Any idea what rules changes there'll be next season? If any. 

Yes. But not sure it's supposed to be public yet so I'll not post them in full.

The age restrictions are going though and all loans will be effectively be Development Loans though they won't carry that name any more. The restrictions to one per club in the same division and two per club outwith the same division will remain.

40 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yes. But not sure it's supposed to be public yet so I'll not post them in full.

The age restrictions are going though and all loans will be effectively be Development Loans though they won't carry that name any more. The restrictions to one per club in the same division and two per club outwith the same division will remain.

Fair dues, cheers. 

St Johnstone signing spree *Shudders*  :green
3809337.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=responsive-gallery

That is quite a signing spree. Whos that third in from the left, a full back? Seem to remember him being particularly shite even by that teams standards.