Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Of all the midfielders that could’ve been released, I’m glad it’s Paton. That’s not to say I don’t appreciate the effort he put in - he always gave his all and had a great run of form towards the end of last season - but I can’t pretend I’m devastated that he’s gone. 

I don’t believe he’s a great player technically but I can’t belittle his heart or effort. He gave us his all and he leaves with my best wishes. 

Edited by Kyle

7 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Some amount of over reaction on social media at this release.

Tbf its the same folk who wanted us to release Wotherspoon to give Craig Thomson a run

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf its the same folk who wanted us to release Wotherspoon to give Craig Thomson a run

I not only question some of our fans football knowledge but also their mental health. 

It stressed me out reading some of that dribble folk post on the "banter page". Had to unfollow. 

4 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Both of them should’ve been released. Wotherspoon is diabolical 

Literally everyone says this but I can't see it, I think k he's quality but he's just not consistent, so not giving him regular games brings out the worst in him. Maybe I'm bias though. 

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Lads I just got a txt saying there may be 1 more signing tonight. Could wee Mikey be on his way back?

If I wait up until midnight and we don't sign a soul I'm hunting you tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Literally everyone says this but I can't see it, I think k he's quality but he's just not consistent, so not giving him regular games brings out the worst in him. Maybe I'm bias though. 

I'll tell you where I am, bring yer maw.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If we could combine Wotherspoon and Paton it would be a machine. Wotherspoon for me lacks and fight or grit, he just turns up runs around a bit then goes home, also his corners are garbage 

Just now, Dick Van Dyke said:

If we could combine Wotherspoon and Paton it would be a machine. Wotherspoon for me lacks and fight or grit, he just turns up runs around a bit then goes home, also his corners are garbage 

His corners are worse than garbage. Its one of those "surely he'd practice!!!?!" - doesnt look like it. *queue someone to tell me "but his corner in the cup final".

For me spoony has ability but often lacks real belief therefore struggles to show anything constantly. Might well not have the best football brain either when it comes to positional play, when to close down, when to stand off etc as he goes chasing when he shouldnt. 

Basically him & Alston are the same person. 

4 minutes ago, paddymcp said:

Paul Paton is only good at kicking people. When he catches them - which he does rarely. Championship level at the very kindest.

Paton smashing Zaluska was the best thing he's ever done. 

Edited by RandomGuy.