Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

55 minutes ago, Radford said:

The decision not to replace Ross Cunningham is a strange one in this day and age, when other clubs are increasing their media presence. Steve Brown is proudly talking about this new women's team as if it's going to be of some big benefit to the club, yet he neglects what is now a vital marketing tool in online and social media output. Priorities all wrong.

Step up to the mark then. You do a half decent job with the unofficial twitter so why not bring your endless humour and wit to the official one?

1 hour ago, Radford said:

The decision not to replace Ross Cunningham is a strange one in this day and age, when other clubs are increasing their media presence. Steve Brown is proudly talking about this new women's team as if it's going to be of some big benefit to the club, yet he neglects what is now a vital marketing tool in online and social media output. Priorities all wrong.

Indeed. Thorntons Property haven't had much of a return on their sponsorship investment.  Social media sponsor ffs :rolleyes:

Might just be a novelty, but the women's team has a far more active twitter feed than the men's team, which surely can't be right.

2 hours ago, Super_J said:

Pre-match video of Tommy ahead of tomorrow's called off game. He seems fed up (again) but I also detect he hates the bird that's doing the interviews now and misses Ross Cunningham. Like us all really.

If it's the same one doing the McMillan interview then I don't blame him.

If it's the same one doing the McMillan interview then I don't blame him.

Yeah just listened to that there and it comes across really unprofessionally, like a school project or something. Saints had been doing well on this side of things but have regressed back to normal since Ross Cunningham left. As Radford has suggested very poor that it’s not considered a priority to get this stuff right.

My understanding was he was to be replaced but it just hadn’t been advertised yet, but that’s been a while now.

When you see what clubs like Motherwell and Killie are doing with appointments in that area and the content they’re generating (and subsequent fan goodwill) it’s a massive step in the wrong direction to leave it vacant.

32 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

My understanding was he was to be replaced but it just hadn’t been advertised yet, but that’s been a while now.

When you see what clubs like Motherwell and Killie are doing with appointments in that area and the content they’re generating (and subsequent fan goodwill) it’s a massive step in the wrong direction to leave it vacant.

Are you still part of the secret seven? If so, tell the chairman to sort this shite out. It’s not really fair asking the fucking schools coordinator to conduct interviews with the manager and first team players. :rolleyes: 

(I’m rolling my eyes at Steve, not you Jamie) 

Are you still part of the secret seven? If so, tell the chairman to sort this shite out. It’s not really fair asking the fucking schools coordinator to conduct interviews with the manager and first team players. :rolleyes: 

Bet you are fucking rolling them at me though ????

Secret seven hasn’t met since last season.

24 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Shut the f**k up and look out your shovel. You, along with other local-ish Saints should be at Cliftonhill before 8am tomorrow, thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

It’s not really fair asking the fucking schools coordinator to conduct interviews with the manager and first team players. :rolleyes: 

In fairness, she's more qualified and experienced than cunningham the saviour was when he started doing the media work. But her interview style needs to be more engaging. Hopefully that kind of rapport with the players and manager will develop, because her current "reading my next question word for word off this sheet of paper" mode is pish.

For all the successes we’ve had on the pitch for a few seasons now there isn’t half a feeling of being short changed by the club. The communication in general is poor. A fair amount of negativity around the club (eg, club legend Millar getting shafted and no verbal dialogue to fans why). Not jumping on the bandwagon of season tickets after the cup win. The list could go on. Extremely frustrating given how well the players have done in recent seasons.