Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Callum Davidson will teach him a few things about golf.  He seemingly had the choice of 3 sports one of which was golf. Gladly he choose football.

Rory knocked back an American college scholarship choosing football instead, he's been the Killie FC golf tourney champ for years.

He's also currently studying to be a lawyer once he hangs up his boots.

5 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

My personal preference is the chip from the halfway line against you guys last season emoji12.png lol.

PS, I wouldn't challenge him to a round of 18 holes, he's a scratch golfer who could easily turn pro if he wanted too.

He certainly couldn't easily turn oro.....he's scratch or +1  but nowhere near pro. And I've played with him. Hits it miles. 

Cracking guy

One of the 8 million "Scottish football bloggers" who've cropped up lately reckons we're going backwards by going after Swanson, and signing Lawrence Shankland would be a much better move.

8 minutes ago, Kyle said:

So it would appear we’re after Scott Wright too. 

I’d imagine we’ll be looking to sign two of Wright, Swanson and McKenzie in this window. 

Wonder if this "breaking news" that Hibs are wanting to punt Stokes means Swanson is now no longer available? 

As quickly as the Wright rumour surfaced, it has been shot down. McInnes saying in his pre-match press conference that Wright has a big part to play for Aberdeen over the course of the rest of the season. Seems unlikely he'll be coming to us.

If that's the 3 players that we're chasing, we've got 1 that we're relying on a pre-contract being completed and then the good graces of another club to let him come to us early (suppose we might pay a nominal fee, but I doubt we'll offer much), a loanee who may or may not be available after a disciplinary issue at his parent club and another loanee who doesn't appear to be available. Still a lot of work for Wright and Brown to do to get these deals over the line.

To answer Lang toon Saintee - you could well be right. I suppose it also depends on the context of the question he was asked by the journalists too. It could be he was just answering honestly - there's no doubt he would have Swanson back given him impact - but he's actively looking elsewhere.

He was far more coy about McKenzie than Swanson so I'd suggest that one is almost certainly true.

Pre-match video of Tommy ahead of tomorrow's called off game. He seems fed up (again) but I also detect he hates the bird that's doing the interviews now and misses Ross Cunningham. Like us all really.

The decision not to replace Ross Cunningham is a strange one in this day and age, when other clubs are increasing their media presence. Steve Brown is proudly talking about this new women's team as if it's going to be of some big benefit to the club, yet he neglects what is now a vital marketing tool in online and social media output. Priorities all wrong.

10 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Millar supposedly heading along the A90. Is he finished or is there another reason he hasn't been playing?

Please f**k off.