Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

We’ve got to be careful here. Whilst I agree our team needs a new spark and freshened up, what we don’t want to do is hand short term deals to guys like both Hibs and Dundee United have done in recent years and disrupt the team totally.

Saints give you every opportunity. They have improved the Astroturf, gym work and also brought in sport scientist Stuart MacFarlane.

Interesting quotes about a club managed by "dinosaur" Tommy Wright. Must be wrong as we surely practice on concrete and don't waste money on needless shite like scientists

On 08/12/2017 at 09:46, Widge said:

We’ve got to be careful here. Whilst I agree our team needs a new spark and freshened up, what we don’t want to do is hand short term deals to guys like both Hibs and Dundee United have done in recent years and disrupt the team totally.

Are there any specific players who you wouldn't want to come on loan? I don't remember anyone specifically disrupting those teams.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Apparently thats now ten years since we first signed Liam Craig

That will be about right.  Made his debut at New Douglas Park, ironically enough.  Saints lost 1-0 after Alan Main somehow contrived to allow a weak shot sneak through his entire body. 

Is Darrian McKinnon out of contract at end of the season? That’s twice now him and TW have looked quite pally at the end of the game........

Him and Paton in the middle, what dreams are made of. I think he just respects Mackinnons ability, tbh, he pretty much ran the show in the final twenty

1 hour ago, Costanza said:

Is Darrian McKinnon out of contract at end of the season? That’s twice now him and TW have looked quite pally at the end of the game........

Contract ends in 2019. https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hamilton-accies/hamilton-accies-extend-contract-of-darian-mackinnon-1-4318390

13 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Elaborate please.

13 hours ago, The Woolshed said:

This better be a piss take emoji30.png

Edit: I was thinking it was McMillan...which loan target?

11 hours ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Are you meaning PP?

No we have/had expressed an interest in a loan deal for Niall McGinn I have been told ( We were probably  well down the list anyway but now Hibs have expressed a interest that was my response.

However if this is the case of us expressing interest in a loan for him does that mean MOH would not be available on a loan as well?