Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

On 12/4/2017 at 23:31, RandomGuy. said:

Heres something to cheer you up, apparently theres still people who believe St Mirren are a more attractive club than us..

St Mirren fans are utterly deluded, it's no surprise when their CEO comes out with quotes like, ' When I see teams like Dundee, St Johnstone, Inverness, no disrespect, but St Mirren’s potential is way above that. '

We could have continued to ramp up our pressure in trying to get Jack Ross (And would have done so) had our first choice not done a u-turn. I'd not be surprised to see Jack Ross jump at the opportunity of you lot if offered.

It almost feels as if it is a certainty that Tommy Wright will be gone by the end of the month - but he's not actually been linked with a job that is available yet. It'll be interesting to see what happens, but I thought your go to guy would be Callum Davidson?

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

St Mirren fans are utterly deluded, it's no surprise when their CEO comes out with quotes like, ' When I see teams like Dundee, St Johnstone, Inverness, no disrespect, but St Mirren’s potential is way above that. '

We could have continued to ramp up our pressure in trying to get Jack Ross (And would have done so) had our first choice not done a u-turn. I'd not be surprised to see Jack Ross jump at the opportunity of you lot if offered.

It almost feels as if it is a certainty that Tommy Wright will be gone by the end of the month - but he's not actually been linked with a job that is available yet. It'll be interesting to see what happens, but I thought your go to guy would be Callum Davidson?

I get the same feeling regarding Wright - feel like we're starting to witness a kind of long goodbye to an as yet unknown destination. He certainly wont be sacked even given the recent run of results, but a change feels on the cards to me.

Seen Ross mentioned a few times in different scenarios cooked up by supporters of all clubs on twitter. McInnes to Rangers, Wright to Aberdeen, Ross to us, Aitken to St Mirren... or Michael O'Neil to Scotland, Wright to NI, Ross to Saints.

Suspect the job will be Davidson's to turn down if/when it becomes available all the same.  I hope we look beyond our backroom team and at least conduct interviews, but I can't see it.

Edited by Kyle

Dunno, give us a clue.

Is it not showing? It's a Dundee fan saying this..

"There isn't much at all about Hamilton or St Johnstone that I would like to see emulated at Dundee. The longer their relative success continues, the more suspicious I am that soemthing funny is going on. By that I mean financially. Good management might avoid relegation once or twice and maybe the odd good cup run, but to maintain league success over several years, and for it to be sustainable, you need a solid financial base in the form of paying customers week in week out. If Hamilton, Saints, and Ross County for that matter, are being sustained by a fan investor (as I think they are), then I discount their success as unsustainable."

Ironic...

And yeah, TW will go to NI once O'Neil decides his next move. Common knowledge is Davidson would be given a chance. He's never convinced me though, just a bad feeling about him. I'd prefer a completely fresh approach myself.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Ironic...

And yeah, TW will go to NI once O'Neil decides his next move. Common knowledge is Davidson would be given a chance. He's never convinced me though, just a bad feeling about him. I'd prefer a completely fresh approach myself.

Could be the end of St Johnstone's golden years. It was always unsustainable though. ;)

Could be the end of St Johnstone's golden years. It was always unsustainable though. [emoji6]

Our golden years were always coming to an end the moment the likes of Hibs, Rangers and Hearts returned and were semi-competent. Ultimately, money always rises to the top.

17 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

That's quite upsetting Tam.

You're lucky  Gman. Think of a 40 year old Dee thats only highlight is the challenge  cup or meaningless friendlies against English teams. Suppose Perugia is THE highlight for a couple of generations, thats unless they went to Uniteds European  games of course.

Edited by tree house tam
Stupid predictive text

Is it not showing? It's a Dundee fan saying this..

"There isn't much at all about Hamilton or St Johnstone that I would like to see emulated at Dundee. The longer their relative success continues, the more suspicious I am that soemthing funny is going on. By that I mean financially. Good management might avoid relegation once or twice and maybe the odd good cup run, but to maintain league success over several years, and for it to be sustainable, you need a solid financial base in the form of paying customers week in week out. If Hamilton, Saints, and Ross County for that matter, are being sustained by a fan investor (as I think they are), then I discount their success as unsustainable."
That's next level self-delusion. Bravo to the chap.

Unofficial Twitter saying TW is ready to make "four or five deals", that McMillan is all but done, and that a loan deal is set to be "firmed up next week"

Think it's only going to be exciting if we have a terrible December as the number we bring in seemed to be predicated on our results this month. The worse they are, the more likely we are to bring in trainloads.

McMillan is 'practically there' though, we've got a loan and a couple of others being 'worked on' too, so fingers crossed they all come off and we get some new faces in.

Exciting times ahead.

Intrigued by the loan deal, wonder if its a fresh one (Habran?, sure someone suggested we'd kept interest in him to sign in Jan if we couldn't keep MOH), or if it's an extension for MOH.