Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Anyone ITK about how how much compensation we’ll receive when Sir Tommy moves to Norn Ire?

Not sure anyone will know, can't even use previous attempts to get him as a barometer since Brown did even entertain offers, so no compensation figures got out

Would Wright take Callum with him? And would Callum go if asked?

International coaching obviously doesn't involve the same need to move and uproot your family as a club job does. Is this one of the only roles that could upset our apparent managerial succession plan?

Edited by Stelling

1 hour ago, Stelling said:

Would Wright take Callum with him? And would Callum go if asked?

International coaching obviously doesn't involve the same need to move and uproot your family as a club job does. Is this one of the only roles that could upset our apparent managerial succession plan?

McPhee is already there. Callum can be O'Neills assistant with Scotland.

Bring Jody home, in place of Paton preferably. That leaves a place for King Lomas to return.

Just now, tree house tam said:

McPhee is already there. Callum can be O'Neills assistant with Scotland.

Bring Jody home, in place of Paton preferably. That leaves a place for King Lomas to return.

This proposal is entirely satisfactory to me. 38 year old Jody Morris >>>> present day Paul Paton.

Now whilst it's all bluster and pie in the sky stuff to suggest Morris, I wonder if he'd actually be interested. I mean he clearly still loves football and is evidently enjoying and doing a really good job with the Chelsea under 18s, but the chance to move into management properly at a club who he knows and is idolised by fans, with a chairman who's not exactly renowned for sacking people. If ever there was a club to tempt him, I suspect it'd be saints. Or Leeds and full time Chelsea, but he ain't going to get those any time soon.

9 minutes ago, Widge said:

Now whilst it's all bluster and pie in the sky stuff to suggest Morris, I wonder if he'd actually be interested. I mean he clearly still loves football and is evidently enjoying and doing a really good job with the Chelsea under 18s, but the chance to move into management properly at a club who he knows and is idolised by fans, with a chairman who's not exactly renowned for sacking people. If ever there was a club to tempt him, I suspect it'd be saints. Or Leeds and full time Chelsea, but he ain't going to get those any time soon.

I'd be delighted and genuinely excited about the prospect of a Jody Morris managed St Johnstone. He knows the club, has outstanding contacts, understands the league would likely  bring some young players up from Chelsea as I reckon he'd have the capacity to call in favours at their academy. He might be a complete disaster but I reckon he'd get us some exciting attacking football.

Davidson is the obvious ship steadying  option and I wouldn't be devastated to see him get the job permanently if Tommy does leave, but I hope we cast the net a little wider than that and at least speak to other prospective managers looking for a break. We've been a great learning ground for first time managers for more than 20 years now and that approach has served us better than head hunting more experienced managers. I expect Dave Mackay would be linked but I think it's too soon for him just now.

Edited by Kyle