Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

If Tommy Wright had spoken for months about wanting to add another striking option to his pool, maybe someone a bit different to other options, then Denny Johnstone could have fitted that bill. A young guy who had a good season at Morton.

As it is, his quotes have been about improving the starting eleven and about how getting this final signing to follow on from O'Halloran and Scougall was going to be the hardest one to pull off. Those are the words of the manager, not fans pulling names out of thin air. TW has built this up as much as any supporter; he's put pressure on whoever it is he brings in. He's loaned out a striker who played 30 games for us last season, so has created the situation where the new signing is going to need to play regularly and make at least as much of an impact as Chris Kane.

Maybe he's going to pull off a masterstroke here and he's seen something in Johnstone that he's not really demonstrated in his career to date but the history doesn't exactly point towards it. All a bit disappointing really.

TW has missed out on several other targets and is now getting desperate, that's basically what has happened here. We all seen it coming but let ourselves get carried away with his jewel talk and improving the first 11 bollocks. 

It's like SB has got 2 of his targets to stop him contemplating leaving, then went "f**k it, no c**t wants him, forget the last target".

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

TW has missed out on several other targets and is now getting desperate, that's basically what has happened here. We all seen it coming but let ourselves get carried away with his jewel talk and improving the first 11 bollocks. 

It's like SB has got 2 of his targets to stop him contemplating leaving, then went "f**k it, no c**t wants him, forget the last target".

It's not the supporters who have perpetuated that talk though. Just last week Wright was talking about not signing anyone if they wouldn't improve the starting 11. What's changed in a week? I'd rather take a youngster on loan from down south or from Celtic than sign a player like Johnstone just to make up the numbers.

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

It's not the supporters who have perpetuated that talk though. Just last week Wright was talking about not signing anyone if they wouldn't improve the starting 11. What's changed in a week? I'd rather take a youngster on loan from down south or from Celtic than sign a player like Johnstone just to make up the numbers.

Totally agree

I shit you not, I just read a Colchester fan who compared Johnstone to Iwelumo.

Iwelumo was a good player for Colchester. He scored 35 goals in 92 league games.

*Scottish cup winner Chris Iwelumo

56 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Remember that time Stevie May, Paddy Cregg and Lee Croft sang the Loomy song on Saints tv? 

Who could forget ? Although I do think "sang" is stretching it a bit.