Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

All the gemologists that have been promising us a third one will have a lot to answer for if our big striker signing is Denny Johnstone. I'd also say it would suggest that the club have missed out on Storey and Sammon, as I don't see much difference in ability there. Has Tommy Wright really seen enough of Johnstone to know he will not be bringing in someone "who is only going to be third or fourth choice" which he said he didn't want last week. Anyone coming in has to make the starting eleven better, he stated. Do Colchester even want to keep Johnstone long-term? If not then why is this only happening in the last week of the window? That's rhetorical, by the way.

I seen him play last week, or the week before, and he spent his time failing to win headers, barging into folk, and rushing shots that went nowhere near the goal. If TW seen that game and still wants him, I'd be worried. His record of signing strikers is pretty fucking awful though, so I imagine we'll sign him tomorrow

I seen him play last week, or the week before, and he spent his time failing to win headers, barging into folk, and rushing shots that went nowhere near the goal. If TW seen that game and still wants him, I'd be worried. His record of signing strikers is pretty fucking awful though, so I imagine we'll sign him tomorrow

SAW FFS!

He got 14 goals in 35 games for Morton, a goal every 220 odd minutes according to Transfermarkt. It's hardly amazing, and is worse than Kane. A strange, desperate move.

37 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He got 14 goals in 35 games for Morton, a goal every 220 odd minutes according to Transfermarkt. It's hardly amazing, and is worse than Kane. A strange, desperate move.

He's not the kind of signing you'd make to get you a lot of goals, but his general play in holding up the ball and getting others involved was good for us. I'm not sure how he would be in the Premiership though. 

Probably not good enough for a top six side, but he'd be an upgrade on Cummins anyway.

Does he work hard? For all Cummins flaws he works like a mule (insert joke about shooting like one too)

The way Millar is being treated is pish poor. Really don't understand it on a number of levels.

TW has made a rod for his own back with his wanting to strengthen starting eleven comments. Shouldn't have said anything if just going to end up with a squad filler like this.

It's the record and pure speculation. Read the article and they are making assumptions.

This pleases me. Is there any other player we're interested in, that you know of?

29 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Does he work hard? For all Cummins flaws he works like a mule (insert joke about shooting like one too)

Yes.

I get that he's not quite the out and out goalscorer you're looking for, but I'm surprised at just how opposed to the signing you all are. Yes, he's not scored close to enough at Colchester and is more of a link up player than goalscorer, but he's still young and was excellent in the Championship. He had a bit of a blip with us where the goals dried up but he really developed over the course of that season and was a much better player when he left than he was at the start of the season.

I get that he's not exactly Stevie May, but he's a young player with potential to improve who's likely to be better than Cummins already. While there's no guarantee he wouldn't be a flop, it's not like you're signing an obvious dud who can only be a failure in the Lawrence Shankland mould.

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

Yes.

I get that he's not quite the out and out goalscorer you're looking for, but I'm surprised at just how opposed to the signing you all are. Yes, he's not scored close to enough at Colchester and is more of a link up player than goalscorer, but he's still young and was excellent in the Championship. He had a bit of a blip with us where the goals dried up but he really developed over the course of that season and was a much better player when he left than he was at the start of the season.

I get that he's not exactly Stevie May, but he's a young player with potential to improve who's likely to be better than Cummins already. While there's no guarantee he wouldn't be a flop, it's not like you're signing an obvious dud who can only be a failure in the Lawrence Shankland mould.

If we were building up a squad then agree with you but we've already filled the promising youngster that might break through role with Callum Hendry. We've been promised a long awaited, different type of signing so that's where the negativity's coming from. Anyway it's the Record so I simply don't believe a word of it.